Run Commuting and Food (Read 1550 times)

I think you sound like one of my kids and are just going to throw up excuses to any suggestion....Just sayin....All of the suggestions are reasonable.....If you want to run commute then you'll find a way.

I am not giving excuses, because I am run commuting no matter what. I am just saying that I don't think storing food in the open is an option. I guess I could always put the food in my other office and just go over there. The fridge there is probably cleaner too.

xor

1. dried fruit (if you dry it yourself, mo bettah) and "food"

2. Sturdier container packed full

4. Put the container in the bottom of the pack so it isn't shaking as much or getting beaten by other things.

5. If you are muling shoes in your pack, put small leak-proof containers in your shoes.  In the bottom of your pack.

6. Use a second waist pack and put the fruit in that.

7.  Find sturdier fruit.  Cherries and grapes?  Of course they get mushy.

8. Eat the mice.

9.  Suck it up, buttercup and put your container in the fridge anyway.

10. Sneaky snake will drink all your root beer.

1. dried fruit (if you dry it yourself, mo bettah) and "food"

2. Sturdier container packed full

4. Put the container in the bottom of the pack so it isn't shaking as much or getting beaten by other things.

5. If you are muling shoes in your pack, put small leak-proof containers in your shoes.  In the bottom of your pack.

6. Use a second waist pack and put the fruit in that.

7.  Find sturdier fruit.  Cherries and grapes?  Of course they get mushy.

8. Eat the mice.

9.  Suck it up, buttercup and put your container in the fridge anyway.

10. Sneaky snake will drink all your root beer.

Ideas 1 through 7 seem good. Idea 10???

xor

Put out some root beer and he won't go after your fruit.

Plus he likes mice.

PS, idea #9 isn't bad either.

Put out some root beer and he won't go after your fruit.

Plus he likes mice.

PS, idea #9 isn't bad either.

But, as soon as I use the fridge I am now obligated to clean it. This thing is gross. If I am to clean it I need a hose and a giant thing of bleach. The microwave is worse.

dennrunner

bubble wrap

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

But, as soon as I use the fridge I am now obligated to clean it. This thing is gross. If I am to clean it I need a hose and a giant thing of bleach. The microwave is worse.

Put a small dorm fridge in your office.

xor

There's that.  Used ones cheap at end of term.

Running to work with it strapped to your back could be a problem Wink

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Yeah, I should have said tiny cube instead of office. lol

xor

Damn dude.

I think you should just give up on the idea of fruit.  Clearly it isn't going to work. 

Uncoded: suck it up, buttercup.

Best Present Ever

Put a small dorm fridge in your office.

We get in BIG trouble for that here in my university world for some reason.  Seems like less trouble for putting food in the meds fridge in the ER than for having a small dorm fridge in one's office.   not sure what danger lurks in them for our brand new fancy pants building.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yeah, the thing with large academic institutions and their rules on refrigerators is that they are also supposed to be held accountable to national accrediting organizations for how well they keep their public fridges and microwaves clean.  That is, if the appliances get dirty, they can be fined BIG TIME.  Food must be thrown out weekly, there must be a temperature log posted on the door, etc.  Sounds like ivelph's institution is in breach.

AND: put a small fridge in your cube.

xor

We get in BIG trouble for that here in my university world for some reason.  Seems like less trouble for putting food in the meds fridge in the ER than for having a small dorm fridge in one's office.   not sure what danger lurks in them for our brand new fancy pants building.

I'm guessing it is an energy usage thing.  Those fridges aren't particularly energy efficient, especially lots of semi-empty ones (as opposed to the nice, fully packed single big fridge... setting aside the nasty factor).

I never even thought about not being aloud to have a fridge. I guess I have never seen one in anyone's office. I see plenty of people with space heaters though.