What are your 2013 Goals?! (Did you achieve 2012's Goals?) (Read 880 times)

I hit 2 out of 4 goals ran every day 1year, more miles than last year 668 miles wanted 1000 did not come close, and wanted to get under 200 lbs.

lowest was 212 but put to many on over the holidays same goals for 2013Cool

Turning back the clock one mile at a time

Intentionally Blank

My only fitness goal was to be able to do one unassisted pull up.  It was a proxy for adding more strength training.  Failed.

My goal this year is to build the base in order to run 40 miles on my 40th birthday, which is in January 2014.

Better I Leave

Didn't really have any for 2012 other than to stay fit and keep the weight off, which I did. My bicep tear really set me back, so for 2013 I guess my goal(s) are:

1. Run 4 half marathons (already registered for 2)with at least one of them coming in at sub 2:00.

2. Run 2 Tough Mudders (already preregistered for the NorCals) and come in with a time that will qualify me for an invite to "The World's Toughest Mudder" challenge.

3. Gain 10lbs lean body mass.

Coastal

My 2012 goals could have been paraphrased as run some, race some, and don't gain any weight.  I met those for the most part, although injuries cut out most of the races I had hoped to participate it.  I am still working on my 2013 goals, and high on the list is Don't Get Injured.  Other than that i want to run a full this spring, then some halves and what not.

Not dead. Yet.

My 2012 goal was to start running and lose a lot of weight.  Amazingly, I pulled both off.  Lost 90 lbs and managed to run a half-marathon in training.  w00t!

This year I will run my first half and full marathon races.  Goal for the half is under 1:55:00.  Goal for the marathon is to finish.  I also want to lose my last 30 lbs.

How can we know our limits if we don't test them?

Better I Leave

My 2012 goal was to start running and lose a lot of weight.  Amazingly, I pulled both off.  Lost 90 lbs and managed to run a half-marathon in training.  w00t!

This year I will run my first half and full marathon races.  Goal for the half is under 1:55:00.  Goal for the marathon is to finish.  I also want to lose my last 30 lbs.

Nice...You will make this happen, yes? Is there even a doubt? Smile

Not dead. Yet.

Nice...You will make this happen, yes? Is there even a doubt? Smile

No doubt.  At this point I am unstoppable.  It's going to be a good year.  Big grin

jcambron

My running goal for 2013 is to run 1013 miles. I fairly new (started last spring) and am coming off an injury (was hit by a car in August), so I decided to add my December miles to this goal as well. So far, I have 41 miles logged. Yay! I am also going to run my first (and second) 1/2 marathon. Double yay!!

Better I Leave

No doubt.  At this point I am unstoppable.  It's going to be a good year.  Big grin

<Picard Mode>

"Make it so!"

</Picard Mode>

Big grin

Not dead. Yet.

My running goal for 2013 is to run 1013 miles. I fairly new (started last spring) and am coming off an injury (was hit by a car in August), so I decided to add my December miles to this goal as well. So far, I have 41 miles logged. Yay! I am also going to run my first (and second) 1/2 marathon. Double yay!!

It's amazing what we can do, isn't it?  Congrats on your recovery and progress so far this year.  That's a lot of miles!

NHLA

My goals for 2012 were to cut back on racing and get rid of PF.  I ran way too many races in 2011. I did cut back and PF is gone!

My goal for 2013 is to run some longer races. Mabe Grandfather Mt. marathon.

dallison

registered pw

My 2012 goals were to get most of my 5k's below 20 min. There were a couple that were above 20 but that was after running 8 miles or so and then running the race. I did hit a 19:25 pr.

I had the thought, just the thought, of running a half. Not two halves or even a full, just one half.

I ran two halves @ 1:35 and a full in 3:42 with no real training except for a 17 mile long run, which was the longest of the year, and thought it would be  a neat to run it.

For 2013 i would like to run one under 19 min 5k. I might not get there, but i'll get closer than i was in 2012.

I would like to run 1400 miles also. The marathon i would like to finish one in under 3:30 but i think i can do it in 3:20. My preferrable half time would be 1:30.

Beyond that, i want to be smart enough to run injury free.

2017 goals:

sub 1:30 half 

EJoRuns

For 2012- I achieved my goal of running a marathon within a year of my son's birth (and breaking 4 hours). I had a great race in the Twin Cities.

For 2013- My goals are to remain healthy and uninjured. I had some achilles issues recently that I hope are behind me.

I would also like to continue to chip away at my marathon time and would like to be around 3:55 or better in Eugene this April.

Good luck everyone on your goals!

keeponrunning

I managed to injure myself this year, a stress fx followed by a nagging pain I blame on PF in the same foot.  When I tried to log I got too competitive with my formerly faster self, so I gave up logging, thus I have no clue whether I reached my goals or not.  

This year:  1000km, and a HM.  Most important tho, no injuries!!

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Feeling the growl again

2012 - FAIL.  Multiple reasons, no excuses.  When you are on the downward slope of your running career the whole goal thing becomes more of a mind-fudge.

2013 - Kick arse.  Specific goals are fluid.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills