Oh, the crazy shit I allow myself to get roped into... (Read 3222 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I thought it was bad with running...it's way worse when there are bikes involved.

Salsa Mukluk "fat bikes" are all the rage around here, since they are ideal for riding on snow and loose sandy beaches--things that can be found at any time in MI (sometimes even simultaneously).  DH recently got his own Mukluk and our favorite LBS has an XS demo, so it was decided (without consulting me, of course...because apparently I have gained a reputation of rarely saying no to opportunities to give myself massive hematomas) that I would be on a 2-person team with another shorty friend of mine for this 3 hour race.  A name was even chosen for our team by my hubby and several of our friends: Phat Bottomed Grrrls. Tongue

The bike we'll be rolling on looks pretty much just like this one (that's the same model my hubby owns, as well).  They look even more ridiculous in-person:

Right now a mud run is sounding like a perfectly sane and tame thing to do.... Black eye

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Old, Slow, Happy

Well, Phat bottom girls make the world go 'round.

xhristopher

Congrats on your new twins!

If bikes were kids you two are well on your way to being the Duggers of bike owners. Have fun!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, I don't own that bike. It's a shop demo. I'm not yet certain that my lungs will tolerate the child enough to use my mtn or cx bikes (cold air thus far seems to irritate my lungs more on the bike than while running), as it is.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Well, Phat bottom girls make the world go 'round.

That we do. And we will likely provide some hilarity and a dfl team to make the rest look good.

~ Sarah Kay

You'll ruin your knees!

Wait... Zoomy's pregnant?

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wait... Zoomy's pregnant?

Ha, if I am, then someone's gettin' sued! Evil

~ Sarah Kay

So, you're doing a duo race, sharing your friend's fat tired bike?

This sounds like crazy fun; can't wait to see the new bruises: maybe one shaped like a snowman, for the seasonal interest...

The race description mentions a loop around the orchard, with snow, mud, possibly over small trees.  3 hours (what's the distance of the loop?), and thank goodness, a bonfire.  Is it daytime or in the dark?

Will look forward to this race report..

Keep building the base.

2012 goals: Under 30 minutes 5K, over 20 miles/week

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Daytime, I believe.  Yep, most of the people I know doing this would be doing the duo/teams option.  Derek and another tall friend of ours are teaming-up and using Derek's bike.  I'll be interested to see how they do the heated transition area.  That's the only thing that really concerns me--I could end up getting REALLY chilled between my laps if it's cold, which is almost guaranteed in mid-Jan.

I've never before ridden one of these bikes, but everyone says they roll over pretty much everything.

~ Sarah Kay

jules2

Zoomy, have you got the same inside leg if not you need to mark the seat post so you can adjust it quickly and also have a quick release seat post bolt. Good luck it sounds fun I wish I was there.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'm not yet certain that my lungs will tolerate the child enough

I don't think you're doing the breast feeding properly

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Zoomy, have you got the same inside leg if not you need to mark the seat post so you can adjust it quickly and also have a quick release seat post bolt. Good luck it sounds fun I wish I was there.

Nope, but our inseam is pretty close, so we'll probably just leave it set for her (she's a hair shorter than I am).  I don't mind if it's a little bit low for something like this.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I don't think you're doing the breast feeding properly

You bozo! Clown

~ Sarah Kay

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.