registered for boston 2013....had detached retina january 2013 (Read 113 times)

this is why I run....

grrr......walk/run? am ok to run but have missed feb and march training.....no long runs. don;t want to miss it but will feel weird walking....

Julia1971

How confident do your feel about re-qualifying?

If you're not very confident, then maybe run/walk it if you think it'll be your only chance to run Boston.  I was a skeptic before I ran it, but now I think it really is something special.

If you think you could re-qualify, I would probably defer/cancel.  As much as I think it is special in and of itself, now that I've learned more about the race (particularly for women's running), I wouldn't want to go in knowing I wouldn't be giving it my best.

nickshawn

Sir Mix a Lot

You could defer to 2014 if you don't mind waiting. Also depending on the date of your qualifying race it might also get you in 2014. (Races after the registration opened for 2013)

There are a number of people that finish Boston over 5 hours.  Granted hotel and food will be a big chunk of money, but you already paid for the race.  Were it me, I would get some miles in now, and go into it for the fun.  Run what you can, walk what you can't, and don't give a dam what other people think.  Enjoy it as an event not a race, and have fun.

Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, It is well, it is well with my soul.

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

I vote for 2014

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

xhristopher

You could defer to 2014 if you don't mind waiting. Also depending on the date of your qualifying race it might also get you in 2014. (Races after the registration opened for 2013)

You can no longer defer. They made an exception to try to keep people from killing themselves in the heat last year but it's not an option for this year.

bdub

Shoe Alarmist

and don't give a dam what other people think. 

Agreed.  But do give a darn about what you think.  If you'd feel bad with performance after training hiatus, defer.  If you'd enjoy the event regardless, do it.  Haha - what a non answer that turned out to be.

MTA:  Well, I suppose you can't defer, based on above post.  Dangonit.  Jack P says...

drifter

Sell the Bib for $$$$

this is why I run....

thanks to all who replied.