Boston (Read 817 times)

gimme some sugar, baby

Good luck to everyone running Boston... be sure to post how it goes!
    George: Runner/Law Student
    www.gimme-five.com
      So who from the forum will be running Boston?
      My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
      Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

I'm in! Looks like the weather is going to cooperate. The local news (I'm in Boston) doesn't have the 5 day forecast yet. It'll come out tonight. From the 10 day forecast, it looks like it'll be in the 50s and partially cloudy. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! George: have you recovered yet?

gimme some sugar, baby

Good luck Eric! Ha, yes I have officially started back running on monday... I ran the marathon on a bit of a calf strain and afterwards it was so bad I ended up having to take off three weeks. But it's ok, I really needed it. Even so, it's awesome to be back in the swing of things. My graph was looking really sad Sad.
          George: Runner/Law Student
          www.gimme-five.com
          Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Weather update: 55-60 as the high, and 40 in the morning and cloudy. George: it's a sad graph only if it's blank. You got that awesome big distance spike and you need some time off. The important thing is to not jump right back in and hurt yourself. I tend to not take too much time off after the marathon, and would feel slow and sluggish for about 4 - 6 weeks. After that, everything would snap back to normal as if someone threw a switch. eric Smile
              I'm heading out tomorrow morning. I just got my final "prep" run in with 2 @ a solid and pretty effortless MP -- I hit 6:26/6:30 which is right where I want to be. Save travels everyone and best of luck!

The Floor Walker

I'll be there. I must say that I am feeling like I am in excellent condition and ready to run my goal of 2:45. I'm praying that the weather cooperates and stays in the 50s. I'll see y'all out on the course....GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!! Cool
                Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Which corral are you guys in? I'm in the 21st one because mine is an invitational Sad Good luck, have fun, and I can't wait to hear your stories!
                    I'm up in Corral 3, looking to go sub-2:50.
                    Franc Karpo

Congrats to those who ran Boston. Best of luck with your recovery! I didn't run, but I was on the course for support. (I live in Natick... a stones throw from the 10 mile mark.) I'm looking at a fall marathon. Smile Franc Karpo www.DistanceRunningTips.com