Who knew the CR collapse would be so big? (Read 1960 times)

starfish1000

Hi there. I'm from VERY new from CR as well but I left the site out of distaste for the tone that the forums seem to be adopting. I keep my own workout log so I didn't lose any data when CR crashed. Anyway, glad you're here. I ran in my twenties and early 30's (about 4-5 times a week, 1-1.5 hrs a run) but due to a plague of injuries and life I let it fall by the wayside. Now I'm 41 years old and back to start all over again. Right now I'm walking 2 hours a day on a hilly route. I'm getting itchy to run but I refuse to consider it until my hamstring feels back to normal. It'll happen ... I just have to be patient. Keep going! It's inspirational that there are so many 40+ runners out there. I hope I'm as up to it as you are. kris
      Just got another message from Cool Running/Active. I am now a full member of the new site. Funny, I still can't log in! Thanks to the hints posted by ex-Cool Running members on how to retrieve your log - I now use this site but save to my own computer as well. Anyway, yesterday I ran 3 miles in 29.25 - in under thirty minutes. I started running on November 4th and that is a huge deal for me. I had run 4 miles on my last two runs before that (I run every other day, walk on the off days) and all of a sudden when I cut back to three miles I finally broke the thirty minute barrier. Can't wait to see how tomorrow's run goes.
        A couple years ago Active took over a baseball forum that I frequented and the same problems happened. Sad

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.