Beginner Half Marathon Thread (Read 78 times)

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I'm open to posting in either or both. I'm on the odd spot of done plenty of HM but recently struggled to even complete a training cycle,  much less race.

You make a good point here.  Ultimately, no formal decision has been made.  In effect, the members of this thread have been invited to the 2023 version of this year's Waltons thread.  It's up to them whether to move, continue with this thread, or post in both.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

Re-Run

Misinformation Officer

For the merge-curious:  what is the official thread name these days?

You make a good point here.  Ultimately, no formal decision has been made.  In effect, the members of this thread have been invited to the 2023 version of this year's Waltons thread.  It's up to them whether to move, continue with this thread, or post in both.

Runs like a dj mixing songs while wearing festive outfits.
      5k PR 5/31/21 24:21 

10k PR 5/23 54:43

HM PR 1/2024 1:59:10

an amazing likeness

I've just skimmed this discussion, but I think this "The Waltons aka Advanced Half Marathon Training Thread - 2022" is the 'other' group.

I'd like to at least note that there is a group forum here specifically focused on half marathon training -- Half Marathon Trainers. While this group forum has been pretty quiet and nearly dormant in the last few years, prior to that it was pretty lively and full of experienced and beginner half marathon-focused runners talking about training, workouts, races, etc. It used to be a good place for runners working up to the half got lots of advice and the more experienced half runners...be nice to see it reanimated (my opinion).

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Re-Run

Misinformation Officer

Thank you for these links!

I've just skimmed this discussion, but I think this "The Waltons aka Advanced Half Marathon Training Thread - 2022" is the 'other' group.

I'd like to at least note that there is a group forum here specifically focused on half marathon training -- Half Marathon Trainers. While this group forum has been pretty quiet and nearly dormant in the last few years, prior to that it was pretty lively and full of experienced and beginner half marathon-focused runners talking about training, workouts, races, etc. It used to be a good place for runners working up to the half got lots of advice and the more experienced half runners...be nice to see it reanimated (my opinion).

Runs like a dj mixing songs while wearing festive outfits.
          5k PR 5/31/21 24:21 

10k PR 5/23 54:43

HM PR 1/2024 1:59:10