Can we have a moment of silence? (Read 779 times)

Cry I just did, probably one of the STUPIDEST #%$&*@ things I have EVER done. I finished my run. Sat to stretch. Took off my Garmin and checked my stats. STretched. Came home. I'm home. WHERE IS MY GARMIN!???!!!??? I looked EVERYWHERE. In my car, in my house. I just knew I left it there at the bay. Drove like a crazy person to get back down there and of course. It's gone. Cry OMGOSH. I'm just sick. I hope someone knows what it's for and uses it. I'd hate for my precious garmin to go to waste. Over 1500 miles logged on my old friend. ::sniff::

Jennifer mm#1231

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

That sucks. Wait. Its got GPS on it. Can't you just look it up online to see where it is? Sorry. Bad joke. Trying to lighten the pain.
        I know. I thought for sure this was an OnStar moment. Tongue

Jennifer mm#1231

Shocked Awww, Life - sorry to hear that. With that many miles on it - it definitely would be like losing an old friend. The $50 rebate for the 205/305 expires on 5/15/07 so get your new friend soon!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, no! I'd be in tears, too! Do you know if there's a lost and found anywhere near where you ran? Maybe the finder is a kind person and would turn it in. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

Do you know if there's a lost and found anywhere near where you ran? Maybe the finder is a kind person and would turn it in. k
              I agree - you really may want to try and find a lost and found, or even put up some "wanted" posters or something. I wouldn't give up just yet. If a non-runner found it - I'm not sure they'd really want it, unless there's a hot black market for stolen Garmins. And I'd bet a runner would either turn it in or look for the rightful owner. Any chance Garmin really could track an individual unit?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
              -----------------------------

va

That stinks. I have my name, address, phone number, and emergency contact number taped to my electric car key and to the back of my iPod. This may be useful if I pass-out or drop dead during a run, or if either is lost...
                  That sucks... it may turn up yet!
                  mikeymike

Ouch. So sorry.

Runners run

Cry WHERE IS MY GARMIN!???!!!???
                      Jen, that totally sucks. I recently lost my mp3 player the same way. Had a great run, got back to the car, took off my hat/mp3 player and put it on top of the car... Drove home and went to recharge the mp3, and uh-oh. Frantically searched the car, gearbag, etc... Drove back to where I was... Gone, 500meg of songs gone... For me it wasn't about the $$ or the songs, but the fact that they don't make that style anymore. I was able to find a similar replacement, but it's not the same. Still long for the old one. Every time I go to run at that spot I look around just in case. Not as tragic as losing a garmin though... Sorry for your loss.
                      Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

That sucks! I agree with JK. Put up some fliers with a reward. It might just turn up!
                        Chris UK

Any insurance policies tucked away that might cover the loss??

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM

THAT TOTALLY BITES!! Hope you luck out and find it!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Right after I first got my Garmin, my mother went online and looked to see if she could find me as I went running. She could not. Wink
                                yeah, it's gone. The bay was packed last night...picnic-ers, soccer players, familys at the playground. Lots of people. bummer. And no, there's no lost and found. REI's big sale starts tomorrow and the 305 will be $209 after a rebate. I'm going to try it on again and see what I think. I'd rather buy something at REI and be able to return it if there is a problem 6mo down the line that deal with some random internet company. Thanks everyone, I knew you'd understand. Blush

Jennifer mm#1231