The Muscle Factor Model (Read 3142 times)

djtaylor

My 6 paces training is very new - only 2 months old now. I don't know of anyone that is currently training using the 6 paces training. Frank Horwill has promoted a 5 pace theory for quite some time, but advocates higher training frequency than I and the inclusion of easy runs.
      I also started working a girl a couple of months ago. I've never thought to ask about her 5k time though. Wink
      but has your performance improved?

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

I just wanted to poke my head in here and say that it was a Richard99 thread that completely changed the way I view myself as a runner, how I approach my training, how I set goals and how I train on a daily basis. Running, amazingly, helps you run better. therefore run as much as you can. Set your goals high, just a little higher than you think you can achieve. Talent counts for a lot in this sport and the harder I work, the more talent I have (I stole that but I don't know from whom). Whatever you think you're capable of - you're capable of more than that. Be persistent. Haven't learned too much about physilogy though.
          The best data on the effectiveness of training very similar to what I suggest is the three FIRST studies. In those studies runners ran 3 days per week, cross trained the other days of the week, and ran a competitive marathon at the end of the study. Runners either set a marathon PR or beat their most recent marathon performance by an average of about 20 minutes.
          Using previously collected data to guide theory development and then subsequently using that same data as support for your theory is what we in real science call "hypothesizing after the results are known"... and it is bad science. [pushes up glasses]

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

Purdey

Self anointed title

But is it the best of the worst science?

Touche...

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

Rich_

Using previously collected data to guide theory development and then subsequently using that same data as support for your theory is what we in real science call "hypothesizing after the results are known"... and it is bad science. [pushes up glasses]
                I recommend you don't do that.
                Rich World's Fastest Slow Runner

Dave

Any training program which includes 6 different training paces, yet still manages to leave out the mid-run boner training option, is not for me.
                  This was almost worth wading through the rest of this thread. POD nominee.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Why is it sideways?

Mid-run boner training is not about pace, it's about mindset.

Dave

Maybe you have limited junk. For me, it affects pace. Like a friggin sailboat.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Mr Inertia

Suspect Zero

So you run a lot of junk miles?
                        C-R

So you're saying you're not well trained in tacking with your wedding tackle?

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

I wrote something that was completely innocent and misread. Look at the gel post or knee post. It had nothing to do with sex or any of the jokes. I didn't respond thereby making the joke true and if I responded then the joke was true. I don't blame Trent. I think he started it and then I misread some posts and then didn't know how to defend myself.
                            And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else, I don't know. But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves. - Spartacus

xor

I wrote something that was completely innocent and misread. Look at the gel post or knee post. It had nothing to do with sex or any of the jokes. I didn't respond thereby making the joke true and if I responded then the joke was true. I don't blame Trent. I think he started it and then I misread some posts and then didn't know how to defend myself.
                              Is this a response to something in this thread? Or another one of those "emails I'm posting in a random thread" thing?

Is this a response to something in this thread? Or another one of those "emails I'm posting in a random thread" thing?
                                It's in reply to some of the posts above.
                                And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else, I don't know. But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves. - Spartacus