The Muscle Factor Model (Read 3142 times)

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Oooh, look: I found a Missile Factory Model
    That, plus the excellent monkey on the payphone, really help with the very poor words/pictures ratio of the original subject matter of this thread. Now who can get the monkey smacking Jessica Alba, on anything?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

JakeKnight

Now who can get the monkey smacking Jessica Alba, on anything?
      I think you just described my screensaver.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

Please consult a doctor for a posting lasting longer than 4 hours.

Yeah, well...sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

I think Rich_ or Richard99 or Tricky Dick, or whatever his name is, should stand up and share his log. Yes
          The only log he's ever kept is in his toilet. Best I can tell, he ran a 32 minute 5k and 57-minute 10k. Will never say how his power running has helped him. He's like the last 20 minutes of Natural Born Killers -- it's an awful spectacle but I still watch it when it's on.
            My 60 year old mother with osteoporosis runs faster times than him!
              See, that was your first mistake.
              If believing Trent is my first mistake. What's the second, standing up to him? Nice lesson.
              And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else, I don't know. But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves. - Spartacus

I'm glad this post was resurrected.... I needed some awesome reading material for the day. Forget December's Runner's World.
                BeeRunB

Over the past few years it has been my observation that quite often there is a disconnect between training and physiology. Specifically, it is not at all unusual for a coach, athlete, writer, whomever, to offer a ....
                  Richard, You found us! Stir it up, Little Richard. Stir it up! --Jimmy
                  Rich_

Not my intent, but it always works out that way. I just present the data. The facts. The new research. But, new information, facts, and research always meet opposition. And the messenger is often summarily tried and shot. But, at the end of the day, the Muscle Factor Model is change we can believe in. Check back in 10 years from now. Today's "controversial new idea" will be old information that "everyone has known all along". It has already started and is evident in this very thread. Remember a few years back when most runners still believed the myth that lactate caused fatigue despite 20 years of research disproving it? And JimR was still arguing that not only was there a lactate threshold but that it was significant in performance? Ahhh... the old times...things have changed a bit since then, haven't they.
                    Rich World's Fastest Slow Runner
                      "change we can believe in." No. No more.
                      Rich_

"change we can believe in." No. No more.
                        51% believed it...
                          51% believed it...
                          I'm part of the 49%.
                          Rich_

I'm part of the 49%.
                            Me too, but I was posting to the majority.
                            JimR

you really felt the need to resurrect this garbage?
                              JimR

you really felt the need to resurrect this garbage?
                                oops! Sorry, twasn't you at all:
                                If believing Trent is my first mistake. What's the second, standing up to him? Nice lesson.