Need some music help (Read 732 times)

redleaf

I wonder if this is a comet topic? Probably not - not really controversial enough. My DH bought me an iPod shuffle to keep me company on my walk/runs. I have learned recently that books would not be good but I thought I'd ask: What's your favourite running song? What's the song that just when you think you can't go any further will just inspire you to go that extra mile? For me it's the stuff I listened to as a kid - so early '80s hair bands or "glam metal". Bon Jovi, early Aerosmith, Cyndi Lauper and for a more recent example The Darkness. Or some pop stuff that I found annoying back then - basically stuff my older brother listened to (like Just Can't Get Enough by Depeche Mode)

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

Just Be

Blank and Jones - Beyond Time is my favorite because it reminds me that my running isn't just about me. Plus, it's just good 'body in motion' music anyway. Smile
        Jesus Christ by Brand New
        keep running!

Misinformation Officer

I know there was the post about some people not liking "books on tape", so to speak, but I personally love to run to spoken word podcasts like This American Life. I find it even more engrossing than my songs, although I do alternate them with super-cheesy dance club 80's music. (Yeah, I'm Cool).
            I really like DJ Steve Boyett's Podrunner podcasts. I'm not a big fan of "workout music" for everyday listening (though I do like electronica), but i can't stand being off beat to the music with running cadence. Listening to "normal" music is too slow and messes with my rhythm. So the fixed BPM of his mixes fits the bill. That said, there are only about 3 tunes up right now that are in the correct BPM range that I can stand. They are free downloads, approx 1 hour each, and stick with a fixed BPM for the entire hour. (except for the ramp mixes and intervals)

Hoping to Run Again :-(

My current favorite addition to my shuffle is Breaking Benjamin's Diary of Jane. Not exactly what some would consider a "power song" but it's working for me. I haven't tried entire audio books yet but I do love Steve Runner's podcasts. It's like catching up with a running buddy: http://www.steverunner.com.
              ~ Fly ~
              Only as much as I dream can I be.
              veggies on the run
              redleaf

I really like DJ Steve Boyett's Podrunner podcasts. I'm not a big fan of "workout music" for everyday listening (though I do like electronica), but i can't stand being off beat to the music with running cadence. Listening to "normal" music is too slow and messes with my rhythm. So the fixed BPM of his mixes fits the bill. That said, there are only about 3 tunes up right now that are in the correct BPM range that I can stand. They are free downloads, approx 1 hour each, and stick with a fixed BPM for the entire hour. (except for the ramp mixes and intervals)
                That sounds pretty cool actually. I have an iPod as well that basically has every piece of music we own on it and I haven't really set up any playlists or anything so we I use it on the treadmill I just turn it to rock and I find I have to skip the ballads and stuff like that. Now I just have to figure out how the BPM work! Thanks.

HF #4362

JakeKnight

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                  -----------------------------

I like " Proud" by Heather Small AKA Biggest Loser Theme Song..... " What have you done today, to make you feel Proud....." Can take your worst run, and make you HTFU through it to the end..... Smile

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Anything by Dylan.
                      JakeKnight

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                        -----------------------------

Dylan? Bleah! Dead
                            I listen to a pretty wide variety, from disco to cheesy 80s tunes to soundtracks from movies to techno. But the fail safe music that will always give me needed motivation to get through the song and finish the run? Pretty much anything by Queen. I also like some harder rock like Limp Bizkit or Linkin Park. Angry music makes me run faster, hehe.
                            2009 Goals:
                            PR 5K (Ha, current 43:10)
                            Run a 10K
                            Meet Seasonal Weight Loss Challenges
                            Complete my first Sprint Tri
                              I can't listen to music while I run. And it seems like a waste of outdoors time to then ignore the outdoors.
                              redleaf

Thanks everyone - found some new songs, and read some older threads (Thanks JK). Viich: I don't often run outside yet - I'm very new and overweight and find that it's easier to stick to my pace on the treadmill. Only it's in our condo's exercise room and the only thing I have to look at is me in a mirror (the horror! Shocked) I'm going away for the weekend though and so will have to do one of my runs outdoors... have to figure out what I'm going to do!

HF #4362