100 mile week! (Read 1002 times)

kcam

Previous record was 82 or so back in August. I have the utmost repsect for anyone who can run 100 miles in a week at any pace. That was a very difficult thing to do. Unbelieveable that people can actually TRAIN at that level - it was all I could do to survive!
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Sweet work! I have done a couple of them, and I agree. Eat. Sleep. Run. That is all you get.

325th place or bust!

Awesome! I have enough trouble trying to squeeze in 20 miles a week. Did you skip work? Smile

PR: 5K 22:41, 10K 51:05, HM 1:59, Sprint Tri: done!

DoppleBock

Next up will be 500 mile months ?

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Congratulations!! And you're an engineer?? Huh, the guys I went to school with weren't like you! Confused +1 on your avatar!
            kcam

Thanks all for letting me blast my horn a little here. Really, truly I never could have fathomed how much 'more' 100 miles really is. Props to us all for the efforts we make in our running pursuits! Blindside - I did take a few long lunches at work but I made up for it by leaving early. DB - 500 mile months? You crazy? Don't answer that! Teresa - I had that avatar floating around for awhile - figured after yesterday it was time to bust it out and REPRESENT! I actually went to the UTEP game in El Paso this year with all of my family. Between us (I have 5 sisters and 3 brothers and a bunch of in-laws) we had 9 UTEP grads and 4 UT grads. We had a great tailgate and then headed over to the game. Great time in El Paso. MTA: Teresa, my favorite play of the game - check out how Quan comes in from the left side and absolutely demolishes the OU defender. BAMMM http://videos.utexasclan.com/view.php?id=7059
                you should keep blasting the horn! congratulations!
                And you know sometimes it gets so painful Just like talking to yourself When everything don't seem to have no rhyme or reason We all go Do do loo do do, do do loo do do Waiting for the sun to shine

A Saucy Wench

DAMN!!!

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Congratulations - that is an impressive accomplishment.

Queen of 3rd Place

OMG, I just peeked at your log, you're doing 3-a-days!! Arla

Ex runner

Let's not lose sight of the race that Ken's 100 mile week wasn't a lot of slow running. He had a nice interval workout in there, and the whole shebang comes immediately after an awesome HM performance. Great stuff man!

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

redleaf

Congrats - that is very impressive!

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

theyapper

On the road again...

Great job. Do your legs still like you?

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Right on Hereford...

Wow, Ken, that is seriously impressive! And you kicked it off with an amazing half marathon performance, too. Congrats!
                              kcam

Great job. Do your legs still like you?
                                My legs and I are just now getting back on speaking terms.