Best/Worst of Times (Read 79 times)

Beware, batbear...

March 27, 2013.

After 2 1/2 years of looking for a house that was everything we were looking for, putting in offers on a few of them only to have the deals fall apart, we were finally looking at having an offer accepted.  I got the phone call while enjoying a beer at Highland Brewing's "Little Hump Spring Ale" release party.  We had ordered a couple of "Bulgogi Hot Dogs" from the "El Kimchi" hot dog stand and I was going to retrieve the hot dogs when my phone rang.  It was my real estate agent.  Offer Accepted!  We were going to be homeowners in a new one acre house on the edge of the Blue Ridge Parkway National Forest.  The Mountains-to-Sea trail would be literally 200 yards out of my back door.  This was going to be the best news for my running in a long time as I could come in from work, throw on some shorts and hit the trail.  And as all of this was dawning on me, I slipped on the hill as I was talking to the agent and retrieving our hot dogs....and broke my leg.

Nearly 6 months later and 20 pounds heavier (yeah, alcohol was my favorite painkiller during my recuperation), I'm back to running.  I broke my tibia and severely sprained my ankle.  Leg is fine but I can only run 3x per week right now or my ankle flares up.  Anyway, I'm also a member of a nearby gym and I want to start getting my money's worth by going in and doing some exercise on my off day.  Needs to be fast (20-30 minutes of work) and keep me off my ankle.  Anybody got any ideas?

2014 Goal -- Run 5X per week, pain-free (relatively) by end of summer.

MoBramExam

(1) Regular Push Ups, (2) Tricep Push Ups, (3) Push Ups with feet elevated, (4) Pull Ups, and (5) Reverse-Grip Chin Ups.

Mix it up.  All you can do in 20-30 minutes.