OUCH!! I survived my first HM. (Read 1108 times)

WTG! sounds like a fun race and an awesome first time experience. Congrats! Cool

Jennifer mm#1231

Wingz

Professional Noob

Congrats! Great race! Cool

Roads were made for journeys...

Of course my 5 year old brought me back down to earth by asking me if I won. Ugh!
        But you have won! Congratulations on a great race! Great run, great report. Ewa
        I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
          WTG- great job! So glad you enjoyed your 1st HM so much!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
          Thyroid Support Group

You'll ruin your knees!

Miss Issippi (or Mrs Sipe),
            (sorry this is a bit long....)
            Good reports are NEVER too long, so don't aplogize, it's a great report!
            I mastered jogging and sipping, went down the wrong pipe one time (coordination is not a strong point for me) Big grin.
            Over the years, I've gotten quite good at aspirating things...just cough up a lung and keep moving...
            I didn't mind the pain in my legs.
            Yeah, it's kinda like that...
            There were cookies, pizza, bananas, muffins, rolls, pretzels and lots to drink. I had a slice of pizza and a cookie.
            ...lions and tigers and bears, oh my! This is part of what makes running and doing races so cool...great food!
            I hope there aren't any runner "rules"
            You make the rules now, sister! Great job on your half...congrats and I hope everything is feeling OK...yeah, sore is OK, embrace it... Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Awesome! Your time is great...I would love to break two hours in a half...way to go! I think someone said that the second we forget the pain of a race we are ready to do another...you will certainly be doing more halfs and then some! Cheers!
              If you go as far as you can see, you will then see enough to go even farther. - John Wooden
                Michelle! That is awesome!! And you were all worried too! (I'd be the same way though!) CONGRATULATIONS!! What a wonderful report too! Smile
                  ttmalek - Your time was amazing!!! 1:26 ! I would die trying to keep up with you. Congratulations. What is your best HM time anyhow? What did you think of this course? My friend said it was a tough, did you think so?
                  1:26 is my new PR!! I cut 3 minutes off last years race time, which had been my PR. This was my third time running this race. I think the course is great. Through the city, around the ballpark, through the park with a couple of long climbs, and through the neighborhoods, a little bit of everything. And I love the finish...straight up hill...I nearly puked at the finish, but I passed four runners!!
                    CONGRATS!!!
                    Cincinnati Flying Pig May 4
                      I was just looking for your race report! c o n g r a t u l a t i o n s on a GREAT RACE and a WONDERFUL TIME! Big grin
                      2009: BQ?
                        Congratulations!! That's a great time for a first halfSmile
                          Yay!
                            What a wonderful race report. It's so rejuvenating to read something so simple and direct, an honest accounting of one person's hopes, fears, pain and joy in the simple act of running a really long way with some friends. Thank you. I'm inspired.
                              Way to go Michelle! What a showing for a first time Smile You should be very proud!
                              ---- Cynthia