2018 3:20 (and beyond) (Read 582 times)

Pesto

Pj - that statue of the pigeon really reminded me of Top Secret. Hope someone gets the reference.

rune - good luck in Amsterdam! Looking forward to hearing about the race.

JMac - there’s no way Botswana will have good weather next year as I’m running it. But it will still be your fault.

I may join you guys at sub3 as per your suggestion next year as this one is almost over. Hopefully I can manage two threads.

5K - 18:03 (5.18) | 10K - 37:58 (2.18) | HM - 1:20:45 (9.18) | FM: 2:57:59 (10.18)

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Yes, the old course was better....I'll have a word with Peter Ciaccia.

(and nice tempo today)

Danke for both of those.

Rune - good luck tomorrow!!!  Amsterdam, right?  Rune vs. Bekele in an epic match for the ages.

12 miles very easy for me today (8:56) plus drills, strides, upper body strengthwork and core.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

runethechamp

run good luck in Amsterdam. Bib number?

Thanks Brew, and thanks Pestp and Dwave! Hey, I’m only competing against the world record holder in the 5 and 10k . I feel ready and rested and weather looks to be pretty good. 2878 is my bib, there is an app you can use or I think you can track on the website as well.

5k: 20:32 (1/17)  |  HM: 1:34:37 (2/18)  |  FM: 3:31:37 (3/18)

Getting back into it

seattlemax

Duke Of Bad Judgment

Rune: Good luck in your race!  Enjoy the views of the Mohawk River.

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Rune: Good luck in your race!  Enjoy the views of the Mohawk River.

Hah!

Rune - your race starts at 3:30 am my time and I should be waking up around 5 am, so I should be able to track you on the second half.  Make sure to finish strong!

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

Arvind Balaraman

best wishes Rune for a strong finish

pepperjack

pie man

Pj - that statue of the pigeon really reminded me of Top Secret. Hope someone gets the reference.

rune - good luck in Amsterdam! Looking forward to hearing about the race.

JMac - there’s no way Botswana will have good weather next year as I’m running it. But it will still be your fault.

I may join you guys at sub3 as per your suggestion next year as this one is almost over. Hopefully I can manage two threads.

That’s funny cause in the next town over there was a giant statue of empty boots.

Good luck rune, hope there is Heineken at the finish.

11:11 3,000 (recent)

Pesto

Haha, someone in that area is a genius!

That’s funny cause in the next town over there was a giant statue of empty boots.

Good luck rune, hope there is Heineken at the finish.

I’ll be tracking you rune! All the best!

5K - 18:03 (5.18) | 10K - 37:58 (2.18) | HM - 1:20:45 (9.18) | FM: 2:57:59 (10.18)

Pesto

First 10k in 46:21 for rune, right on track. Second 5k a tad faster than the first, the start looked quite crowded.

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Rune through the half in 1:38:02.  Looks like he is holding a steady pace of 4:6x (in KM)

Last mat was 26.1 km in 2:01:11 - that threw me off at first, since I'm used to miles.

Current projection is 3:15:26

darkwave

Mother of Cats

(as a side note, it would be nice if the Amsterdam tracking app would indicate whether the pace it lists with each split is the overall pace, or just the pace for that split.)

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Also very strange - the tracker doesn't give paces in minutes and seconds.  It's providing paces like "4:82" - which I think means 4 minutes and .82 of a minute (so 4 minutes and 49 seconds).

You wacky Europeans.

(signed: an ugly American)

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Shoot: through 35K in 2:48:32, with projected finish of 3:26:13.  Hopefully he just stopped for the bathroom or to stretch.

runethechamp

Thanks for tracking! Quick check in here. Conditions were perfect and I felt great through 18 miles, with effort and HR exactly where I wanted it to be. Then I was hit with really bad calf cramps that never let go and it felt like I had to stop every couple of minutes to try to stretch them out. Didn’t even feel tired when I crossed the finish line.

5k: 20:32 (1/17)  |  HM: 1:34:37 (2/18)  |  FM: 3:31:37 (3/18)

Getting back into it

berylrunner

Rick

Had a really good week.  A little optimistic, but I am basing my training paces off of a 3:30 fitness level.  76 total miles, gain over 9000.

S - 3 MP

M - 10.5

T - 3 MP

W am - 10.5 with a block of 5 miles slightly below MP

W pm - 5 miles hill repeats.  Hiked the up, ran the downs pretty aggressive.

T - 8 trail miles

F - 3.5

S - Thunderbird 50k (32.5 miles, 7200 gain)

The race went well.  Ran it easy with a friend.  Lots of hiking, only a few fartleks down some techy singletrack, couldn't resist.  Feel pretty good post race.  A little sore, but should be able to jump right back into training.

12-22   Last One Standing  - dnf 37 miles

1-23  Sun Marathon - 3:53

3-4-23  Red Mountain 55k - 7:02

4-15-23  Zion 100 - 27:59