2018 3:20 (and beyond) (Read 582 times)

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

Good luck Dwave, rlk, and CalBears!  As CIM was my PR I have fond memories.

Thanks, rovatti!  Not looking forward to moving in mid-winter (or moving, period) but looking forward to the new house and its amazing views and its hot tub (I really miss having a hot tub - we had one when we lived in Boulder).  And most of all, to having the washer and dryer in our master bedroom closet - I am so sick of having to carry laundry up and down 2 flights of stairs!

Working on a trip report for my mtb vacation, which will be posted on my journal.  Other than that, I ran a little yesterday and today, rah.

rlk_117

Resident Millennial

lol, calbearsfan to the rescue via strava comment on today's run... I am #6375

mile, 5:26 /5k, 19:34 /10k, 41:00 /13.1, 1:31:49 /26.2, 3:12:58

pepperjack

pie man

Anybody in Nor Cal want to run a mile tonight/tomorrow morning?  I'm thinking of doing a quick one in Berkeley before I get on my plane.

11:11 3,000 (recent)

Pesto

Really busy with work, not much time for running or foruming unfortunately...

Just wanted to drop by to wish good luck to all CIM runners! All the best, DkW and rlk!! Looking forward to seeing you kill it! And good luck Calbears too!

5K - 18:03 (5.18) | 10K - 37:58 (2.18) | HM - 1:20:45 (9.18) | FM: 2:57:59 (10.18)

pepperjack

pie man

Official DT downhill mile achievement unlocked.  Just realized I left the gps in the car as I boarded the shuttle to my gate.  So can’t strava prove it yet.

rlk_117

Resident Millennial

Awww. </3

mile, 5:26 /5k, 19:34 /10k, 41:00 /13.1, 1:31:49 /26.2, 3:12:58

Running Problem

Problem Child

Keen Ah the old HSA money for running stuff. I used mine to buy a Garmin 235. I explained how to a friend who purchased a Fenix 3 or 5 last year. I have zero experience with the R8 but I'm now considering of using HSA money for this stuff. I don't use my HSA often and work has offered some incentives to get teeth cleaned and see the doctor annually for a blood sample.

ace you might be getting some free beer. It is snowing today and I'm back in the "I don't feel like running ever again" mode again.

CIM Stalking Post

Dwave 2178

calbers 6068

rlk 6375

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

AceHarris

Brew: I'm with you. I do not feel like getting up and running in the mornings these days. Going to have to backload the miles this week. I really lake motivation to train for 5ks and 10ks too. Maybe I should skip the speed cycle and just run marathons.

Road Mile: 5:19 (2017), 5k: 17:09 (2021), 10k: 35:54 (2021), HM: 1:21:55 (2020), M: 2:53:18 (2021)

Running Problem

Problem Child

Brew: I'm with you. I do not feel like getting up and running in the mornings these days. Going to have to backload the miles this week. I really lake motivation to train for 5ks and 10ks too. Maybe I should skip the speed cycle and just run marathons.

Marathon training sucks....although max told me it isn't the training it's the races that CAN bring the suck. We might as well mail each other a 6 pack and blame the other for sabotaging the goal for 2000.

CIM weather looks good for some PRs if the rain doesn't get pushed back. Very reminiscent of Chicago for me.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Thanks for all the good luck wishes.

PJ  - you'll understand why I didn't want to join you for a downhill mile this time.  Plus, I've already done that with you Smile

Ilana - moving sucks, regardless of the season.   Laundry for us also involves two fights of stairs.  Of course, just getting from outside to our bedroom also involves two flights of stairs.  Our mantra is "we have too many stairs."

I like morning running.  I slept in a bit later yesterday, and was reminded of why I prefer to run early.  If you start your run at 8:00 am on a weekday in my neck of the woods, you just hit traffic light after traffic light.

DIY yoga, very light upper body weights/core, and 3 "miles" pool-running, all courtesy of the Sacramento YMCA.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

pepperjack

pie man

I had a hard time comparing it to Main Street.  That one is so front-loaded with downhill.  This was supposed to be about the same loss overall, but I don’t know.  Of course DT ran 3:45 or something so that would mean 12 or 15 seconds advantage which would be similar.

I was rereading the whole original blue wave Dave thread and I kinda feel like I needed the spirit of it.  It’s such a carefree, cut loose thing.  He’s somewhat going behind his coach’s back for the attempt as he was at Cal at the time, running in the middle of the night down a street that wasn’t closed.  And nothing is really on the line but the arbitrary sub 4 any way he could do it.

I did 10 hours working in the field.  I watched some stupid tv at the barracks and then drove down to Berkeley which is about 3 hours.  It was pouring buckets the whole way, bit stopped as I got close.  I found a place to park and ran around campus to warm up finishing up at the top of Bancroft.  I did a test jog to make sure my gps was not screwing up and it just completely died.  So I had no choice to jog the full mile back down to the car and drive around in circles to get charge back.  By then it was almost 2, the lights went to flashing (this didn’t happen for DT for some reason). And I jumped out and went for it.  Still traffic on the road, still quite wet.  Almost nobody around except the homeless people smoking up and some college kids out late.  The top bit was a bit careful, then I tired to push through the middle.  I mostly had luck with traffic except the car that pulled into the bus lane and just parked.  Checking the bottom I was short and had to turn the corner to make a full mile ( 5:25ish at the turn).  I jogged back up the car and went to the airport for my 5:30 flight feeling like I did it the right way somehow after all that,

seattlemax

Duke Of Bad Judgment

Driving by to wish Jim's Kat, DW and CB great races at CIM (pronounced "sim" according to Brew, like "neh-vah-duh").

oregonrw

Jumping back in after a long absence to say good luck to the CIM runners this weekend -- looks like good weather too!

Speed Surplus

Good luck, CIMmers! Rooting for you.

5:27 / 18:49 / 40:32 / 88:12 / 3:12

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

I'm just here to echo the the three posters above me.

My phone is going to be going crazy with all the tracking updates I've subscribed to!

5k: 17:58 11/22 │ 10k: 37:55 9/21 │ HM: 1:23:22 4/22 │ M: 2:56:05 12/22

Upcoming Races: