2018 3:20 (and beyond) (Read 582 times)

darkwave

Mother of Cats

I did 10 hours working in the field.  I watched some stupid tv at the barracks and then drove down to Berkeley which is about 3 hours.  It was pouring buckets the whole way, bit stopped as I got close.  I found a place to park and ran around campus to warm up finishing up at the top of Bancroft.  I did a test jog to make sure my gps was not screwing up and it just completely died.  So I had no choice to jog the full mile back down to the car and drive around in circles to get charge back.  By then it was almost 2, the lights went to flashing (this didn’t happen for DT for some reason). And I jumped out and went for it.  Still traffic on the road, still quite wet.  Almost nobody around except the homeless people smoking up and some college kids out late.  The top bit was a bit careful, then I tired to push through the middle.  I mostly had luck with traffic except the car that pulled into the bus lane and just parked.  Checking the bottom I was short and had to turn the corner to make a full mile ( 5:25ish at the turn).  I jogged back up the car and went to the airport for my 5:30 flight feeling like I did it the right way somehow after all that,

Great story.  And totally in the DT spirit.

Thanks for all the well wishes - getting jumpy.  Did 4 miles today (8:48 pace) plus drills, strides, and some DIY yoga/stretching.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

rlk_117

Resident Millennial

I'm kvelling! Thanks, friends Smile

Currently reading: https://medium.com/@bromka/the-marathon-doesnt-owe-you-anything-904b4ae73993

mile, 5:26 /5k, 19:34 /10k, 41:00 /13.1, 1:31:49 /26.2, 3:12:58

seattlemax

Duke Of Bad Judgment

Brew: Watcha doin June 29/30?  Edit:  Jim's Kat also.

CalBears

Wow, you won again? Life is unfair...

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

Running Problem

Problem Child

Tailgating. I got a friend doing a thing and he needs some help. Probably need to bottle up the excitement for that weekend. Why? What do you have in mind?

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

congrats Maxi!!

seattlemax

Duke Of Bad Judgment

Two "wins" in one day - picked in a lottery and a CalBears sighting! (Good luck tomorrow!) I should probably stay in bed for two months now and not push my luck.

Brew: Not sure yet.  One of three things probably:  1) hustling past pretty much everything on a quest for a silver buckle 2) sorry that the silver buckle opportunity has come and gone again, and hanging out at tailgates knowing I have lots of time to enjoy the "day" 3) hauling my sorry a$$ into Foresthill asking for someone to drive me to Crooked Lane Brewing where I will drown my sorrows in a former car dealership (IPAs of course, no Chocolate Blueberry Almond Porter like Reno people drink).

Thanks Rovatti.

Excited to see some 3:20 bada$$ery at Cowtown tomorrow.

Running Problem

Problem Child

picked in a lottery

Brew:  One of three things probably:  1) a silver buckle 2) death

Sounds like an intensive rodeo. I might have to put my (non-Seattle based) pre-CIM beverage down and get serious about marathon training. Late June is kind of a bad time to visit if that is the plan. If you want to do some runs around Donner lake I’m sure Jim’s Cat knows the way. Just don’t plan on doing any uphill running or dusty corners. I might have too much adrenaline coursing through my veins currently and make a wrong turn at 93. #itsreallyhappening

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

Running Problem

Problem Child

Raceday alerts loaded. They’re probably on the bus now.

VDOT 53.37 

Running Problem

Problem Child

Dwave’s 10k 42:27 6:50 pace

rlk’s 10k 44:44 7:12 pace

rlk is actually right around my buddy. Slightly ahead.

VDOT 53.37 

Running Problem

Problem Child

Dwave crosses the half marathon. 1:28:48. 6:47/mi pace. Speeding up just a little between 10k and half. 2:55?

VDOT 53.37 

Running Problem

Problem Child

I have no clue where calbears or oregon are because I forgot to add their bibs.

rlk is halfway (that made me chuckle) at 1:35:00. Down 3 seconds to a 7:15 pace.

VDOT 53.37 

Running Problem

Problem Child

Dwave still speeding up. 30k 2:05:53. 6:46 pace with 12K to go. Estimated 2:57:04.

VDOT 53.37 

seattlemax

Duke Of Bad Judgment

CB is at 30k in 2:08:00, eta 3:00:02.  He slowed down very slightly since his early 2:58 eta, but hopefully it's planned so he can shave 3 seconds off at the end.  He's gone sub-3 before so the stakes are somewhat lower but he takes things pretty seriously so if his goal is sub-3 maybe the stakes are just as high.

Go Jim's Kat, DW, and CB!

seattlemax

Duke Of Bad Judgment

Jim's Kat's 30k eta 3:11, down a little from 3:09.  Into the 10K Of Regret, and probably fighting a little bit.