2018 3:20 (and beyond) (Read 582 times)

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

Pesto - Mine littlest one is having some issues sleeping through the night as well, but otherwise is doing great. She's quite fond of using the door to my home office to play peekaboo whenever I work from home.

DWave - The Adios 2 and VF are better than what shoe? You used the Adios 2 on both sides of the comparison. In any case, it's really interesting info to look at.
    I used Runalyze and Stryd's websites to switch back and forth between my two marathons with power data (last month and April 2017) to compare the various power/cadence/pace/hr, etc. stats. Having hard numbers (aside from race times) regarding progress in running is kind of nice.

RLK - Ha! Nice one.

5k: 17:58 11/22 │ 10k: 37:55 9/21 │ HM: 1:23:22 4/22 │ M: 2:56:05 12/22

Upcoming Races:

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

RA seems to be eating posts.

Upcoming Races:

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Pesto - Mine littlest one is having some issues sleeping through the night as well, but otherwise is doing great. She's quite fond of using the door to my home office to play peekaboo whenever I work from home.

DWave - The Adios 2 and VF are better than what shoe? You used the Adios 2 on both sides of the comparison. In any case, it's really interesting info to look at. 

Whoops - Adios 2 and VF4% are very similar, and both markedly better than the Adios 3....

(sorry 'bout that)

7 "miles" pool-running, a bit of swimming (10 minutes worth) and some injury prevention work.  Later took a yoga class.  Body is starting to come around, and a bit less swollen.   Since returning from Cali, I've been weighing in at 9 pounds heavier than I was when I left.  I believe very little if any of that is actual weight gain - it's all just inflammation from the race damage (and maybe a bit from the junk food).

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

pepperjack

pie man

Whoops - Adios 2 and VF4% are very similar, and both markedly better than the Adios 3....

(sorry 'bout that)

7 "miles" pool-running, a bit of swimming (10 minutes worth) and some injury prevention work.  Later took a yoga class.  Body is starting to come around, and a bit less swollen.   Since returning from Cali, I've been weighing in at 9 pounds heavier than I was when I left.  I believe very little if any of that is actual weight gain - it's all just inflammation from the race damage (and maybe a bit from the junk food).

That's just the 9 pounds I've lost since I got here.  And you can keep it...

edited to add - they’re posting about getting iced in the club nats thread over on LR.  Seems like my old crew made an impact last year.  Almost makes up for my stinker of a race. Almost.

11:11 3,000 (recent)

my past 2 wks:

M: 5 easy, spin

T: 8 easy (with fb)

W: 1/2h XT

Th: 10 with hilly tempo (10K@6:55)

F: urd (sick)

S: urd

S: 3

total = 26

M: 6 easy

T: rd

W: 12 easy

Th: 7 with 8 bowl hill repeats

F: 10 easy

S: spin

S: 10 easy

total = 45

Hey to y'all

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Thanks for the "gift" PJ.  I'm finally starting to "unswell" so a few of them have gone away anyway.

Rovatti - nice weeks (especially with FB) - what are "bowl hill" repeats?   I'm assuming that if there was a "Bowl Hill" location it'd be capitalized, so this must be something else.

My spectacularly boring week: 30 "miles" pool-running and 3000 yards swimming.

M: fly home.
              T: nothing except junk food.
              W. Yoga in morning, massage at night.
              Th: 7 "miles" pool-running and injury prevention/rehab work.
              F: 7 "miles" pool-running and 500 yards swimming plus injury prevention/rehab work in the morning; yoga mid-day.

Sa: 12 "miles" pool-running (had good company, so extended) and upper body weights/core.
              Su: 2500 yards swimming and yoga in the morning; 4 "miles" social pool-running and injury prevention/rehab work mid-day.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

Running Problem

Problem Child

NeRP isn’t sleeping through the night as much as before. He picks and chooses his nights. He also decided to shorten his naps for some reason.  Oh and dad has a stomach ache today so it’s just a fun filled weekend. At least we saw Santa this week. Twice.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

Rovatti - ... what are "bowl hill" repeats?

A workout with my club:.

Starting at the top of a certain hill (in Central Park), you run hard down the hill, then up the side of the next hill (this is one "bowl" = about 400m).  At the top of that hill you take a brief recovery, turn around, then run back through the same bowl.   This workout had 8 bowls followed by 1 mile at 5k pace.

rlk_117

Resident Millennial

Starting at the top of a certain hill (in Central Park), you run hard down the hill, then up the side of the next hill (this is one "bowl" = about 400m).  At the top of that hill you take a brief recovery, turn around, then run back through the same bowl.   This workout had 8 bowls followed by 1 mile at 5k pace.

harlem hill?

mile, 5:26 /5k, 19:34 /10k, 41:00 /13.1, 1:31:49 /26.2, 3:12:58

AceHarris

Rovatti: That bowl workout sounds "fun". Also sounds a little bit like a large hamster wheel.

Just over 42 miles for me this week. Felt like I was starting to loosen up, but the last 5 miles of my long run started to feel tight again. Going to schedule a massage this week and see if that helps.  Still just logging easy miles with the occasional pickup mile and strides. Kind of boring over here. We did get some snow this weekend! Made a snowman with the kiddos.

Road Mile: 5:19 (2017), 5k: 17:09 (2021), 10k: 35:54 (2021), HM: 1:21:55 (2020), M: 2:53:18 (2021)

harlem hill?

an easier one just before harlem hill (w86 to w96)

Arvind Balaraman

sounds interesting.

berylrunner

Rick

85 miles for the week.  8500 gain.

After a great workout midweek (I tried the 2 mile tempo intervals, felt great), I did the Seattlemax steep taper and ran my friends 50k on Saturday.  I did well and greatly improved my time from last year.  I think all of the miles are paying off.  I will take a few easy days of running and then jump back into the marathon training.  Time is flying.

12-22   Last One Standing  - dnf 37 miles

1-23  Sun Marathon - 3:53

3-4-23  Red Mountain 55k - 7:02

4-15-23  Zion 100 - 27:59

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

DWave - Thanks for the clarification. I think it would be quite interesting to test a bunch of different shoes using Stryd. I would completely nerd out comparing stats if I could show up at a running store, do a couple miles with mile to M-pace sections in one pair of shoes, then do the same with another, and another...
                              Also, I hadn't thought about post-race inflammation causing weight gain.

Rovatti - Nice weeks. I have a similar section of road that I've been thinking of doing repeats on. The top of one hill to the top of the next is .75-1 mile, though.

Ace - Awesome that you got to make a snowman with the kids. We were supposed to get a ton of snow Fri-Sat, but exactly nothing came of that.

Beryl - Great week!

Quick brag on the local ultra runner who bagged another couple American/world records over the weekend at Desert Solstice. Someone should issue a bounty for a picture of her in which she isn't smiling.

Upcoming Races:

JMac11

RIP Milkman

Curious - what's the point of this workout, vs. just normal hill repeats? As someone running in CP I'm wondering if it's worth adding to my repertoire. Also, do you any larger hill repeats? I see a ton of groups that do repeats through Harlem, where they start at the 102nd street crossing on the west side and do that 1.3ish mile loop, which seems very difficult.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19)