2018 3:20 (and beyond) (Read 582 times)

Running Problem

Problem Child

Ace are you going to make Jmac buy some wine Tuesday?

dwave if the topic comes up just say ‘the right holster makes a world of difference.’

murry holly daze to my ‘LTI’ friends. I didn’t think fueling on sticky buns and coffee would be conducive to a workout but I think it played a bigger role tha the shoes or U shaped course. 12x400m again and it wasn’t windy (forecast said 16mph headwind both directions because max) for much of it and the course is one I’ve used before.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

AceHarris

Brew: It doesn't look like 2018 is gonna happen, but should definitely get 2000. I didn't run on Christmas Eve due to spending time with family and then travel. It'll depend on whether I get to run Friday. We are traveling to CA that day and will leave the house at 4am, so a morning run is out of the picture. We get to CA early enough, so maybe I can sneak a run in that afternoon.

Road Mile: 5:19 (2017), 5k: 17:09 (2021), 10k: 35:54 (2021), HM: 1:21:55 (2020), M: 2:53:18 (2021)

rlk_117

Resident Millennial

hello from very far south! hope everyone's enjoying some time off work. i just got my first wifi connection in several days and got to "eavesdrop" - looks like it's been pretty quiet here.

mile, 5:26 /5k, 19:34 /10k, 41:00 /13.1, 1:31:49 /26.2, 3:12:58

JMac11

RIP Milkman

Brew: It doesn't look like 2018 is gonna happen, but should definitely get 2000. I didn't run on Christmas Eve due to spending time with family and then travel. It'll depend on whether I get to run Friday. We are traveling to CA that day and will leave the house at 4am, so a morning run is out of the picture. We get to CA early enough, so maybe I can sneak a run in that afternoon.

So disappointing!

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

AceHarris

Jmac: Don’t try to motivate me with your negativity! You know you can buy wine without me having to run.

Road Mile: 5:19 (2017), 5k: 17:09 (2021), 10k: 35:54 (2021), HM: 1:21:55 (2020), M: 2:53:18 (2021)

JMac11

RIP Milkman

Jmac: Don’t try to motivate me with your negativity! You know you can buy wine without me having to run.

I could, but it’s more fun that you have to explain to her that she would have had more sales if you ran more. Good luck explaining that.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

AceHarris

Jmac: Haha. It seems like you're enjoying this at my expense.  I could just buy a bottle to make up for it...but you're ordering a case if I hit 2018, right?

(I did just modify my training calendar with a plan to get 2018...I hate that your tricks are working)

JMac11

RIP Milkman

Jmac: Haha. It seems like you're enjoying this at my expense.  I could just buy a bottle to make up for it...but you're ordering a case if I hit 2018, right?

(I did just modify my training calendar with a plan to get 2018...I hate that your tricks are working)

Assuming the shipping costs aren't outrageous (or perhaps free for a case?), then you've got a deal.

Running Problem

Problem Child

Assuming the shipping costs aren't outrageous (or perhaps free for a case?), then you've got a deal.

If shipping is a problem, and ace is in the area, it could possibly save you money to mail "snow globes" this time of year. 

I'm sure she would motivate him (tell him) if she was aware of the arrangement. She might even encourage him to suffer through the California "winter" so close to that marathon he wants to run (CIM) at some point. Oh, he could probably check a case of wine for his flight and pay the $25, then mail/deliver it from a closer location. Totally a better option than paying for shipping across the country to lose a bet.

Yup...mostly sunny and 8-14 mph winds for the next 10 days. 40-60F. 30-80% humidity. Much worse than the rain and wind he is leaving behind.

ace you're still in to that IPA(lot) stuff right? You're kind of close to 2,000.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

AceHarris

brew: I do love a good IPA, a regular pale ale or double IPA is good too. I'm typically happy with whatever is in the fridge.

Currently, the wine maker is in France and then headed to Italy, but I'll check on the shipping arrangements when I get a chance to text her.

Katia77

Anyone know how kk is doing with kiddo #2 growing inside her? I think she told us in June or July.

Hiii~~  I'm doing well, but not sure I'll run very much for the rest of the pregnancy. I'm due at the end of March, and I'll be able to schedule my C-section on the 10th, so thankfully I don't have to wait until June or July to run!  (well, maybe beginning of June). My belly is bigger this time around and it's getting hard to run and it hurts the ligaments, so boo.  

Still reading and excited for everyone still running and training though! Lots of good things happening around here Smile

PRs: HM: 1:32:59 (2015); FM: 3:18:36 (2017)

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Hiii~~  I'm doing well, but not sure I'll run very much for the rest of the pregnancy. I'm due at the end of March, and I'll be able to schedule my C-section on the 10th, so thankfully I don't have to wait until June or July to run!  (well, maybe beginning of June). My belly is bigger this time around and it's getting hard to run and it hurts the ligaments, so boo.  

Still reading and excited for everyone still running and training though! Lots of good things happening around here Smile

Good to see you back here!

And....a reminder to all - I am dropping the mic as 3:20 TURD (Thread Usurper and Ruthless Dictator) on 12/31 at midnight.  Everybody needs to be thinking about who picks up the stick next.

I have updated the 2018 Race Goals thread for the likely the last time.  Let me know if I have omitted one of your races.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

Running Problem

Problem Child

Jim Walmsley has done TWO runs around my usual lunch route this week. I haven't run either day and today I could have possibly bumped into him at the end of his run. I'd be going East to his West. As if today didn't suck enough. "that time I met the guy who makes Hoka's cool" or "that time I met Sage's teammate" would have been fun.

VDOT 53.37 

AceHarris

Finished my 2,000th mile of the year today! My wife joined me for mile 2000, which was fun. Now time to see if I can get 18 more before the year is up.

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

Ace - Congratulations on hitting 2,000 for the year!

KK - Glad to hear you're still doing well.

Zero running for me since the 22nd. The last "little" bug I caught from one of my girls turned into a rough respiratory infection that I'm still recovering from. I think I'll be up for a run in the next day or two, but a PR attempt for any spring race seems out of reach with my fitness loss.

I have been doing more stretching and rolling in my downtime, though, and having two spring "fun" (as opposed to fast) marathons should really help with endurance for whatever I decide to do in the fall. To 2019!

5k: 17:58 11/22 │ 10k: 37:55 9/21 │ HM: 1:23:22 4/22 │ M: 2:56:05 12/22

Upcoming Races:

OKC Memorial 5k - April 27

Bun Run 5k - May 4