2018 3:20 (and beyond) (Read 582 times)

oregonrw

Miss one day and you miss a lot around here!

Re: The Stick: it does work great, but it is really painful. I don't think anything gets out knots in my calves like it though.

Katia: I've done Boston with family and solo, and solo seemed to work pretty well for me. I feel like it's a pretty hectic couple of days anyway, so it's easier to minimize the hectic if you're only concerned with one person. Sounds like  a nice weekend with your dad!

CKeen: Happy anniversary!

Dwave: 25x400 is some workout -- all on the track? At the right paces I can see the benefit for marathon training though.

Jaime: Polka metal?

FB: Do the airpods say in your ears when you run? (Those are the wireless ones, right?)  I worried they would fall out.

Ace: Hopefully the rest of your day runs more smoothly than the first part.

Dad: I have the same problem with sleep after a race. Sometimes after a really good long run too.

Katia/Brewing:  I think parenting babies is really physically exhausting, parenting tweens/teens is mentally exhausting. Basically, parenting is exhausting.  But also awesome, when you're not too tired to notice.

6 miles this morning that seemed relatively easy but my HR was really high and afterwards my watch told me I need to recover for approximately 45 days. I think either my watch malfunctioned, or my HR really is high as a result of a very stressful week (interviewing people, tense all-day hearing yesterday, home renovations, more interviews today, and a couple of bad nights of sleep). I'll see how it is tomorrow.

OMR

fb:  So, X-rays show some arthritis and the beginnings of a bone spur, but the doctor thinks it is an issue with the meniscus.  An MRI is scheduled for next Tuesday to see if that is true, and if it is, then if it is an acute tear or chronic.  If it is acute but there isn't too much degeneration, he made it sound like they could probably scope it.  If it is chronic, he said, "We'll have to talk."

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Dwave:  Hi!  I enjoyed reading your pre- and post-analysis of that workout!  ;-)

Heh - I'm not known for my brevity in analysis....

FB - as I've said before, I'm not a doctor, but I play one on the internet.  I've been told that total cholesterol is really a meaningless # - what matters is HDL and LDL.  Ask a real doctor for clarification Smile

Dad - "overstimulation" is the perfect word to describe why I can't sleep after evening runs.

Oregon - hoping it was just the watch.  I really don't trust mine much.

OMR - here's hoping it's acute (as bad as that sounds).

9 "miles" pool-running and yoga this morning.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

Running Problem

Problem Child

katia THANKFULLY I'm not a former college athlete or else he probably WOULD be starting to walk this week. He's just fat and slow so rolling over is taking time. He's doing well with tummy time. I think my wife wants him to sleep about 5 hours so she can sleep and also not need to pump. I'm going to be one of those dad's who wants their kid to go BACK in life or advance to 19 years old. Right now it would be cool if he was 5...I think.

ace We bought the car adapter planning for a trip. It will probably get used once. Let me tell you about the time my wife went camping and didn't think she'd need to pump. Turns out we're taking the pump EVERY time we go camping.

max I was thinking about you today when the forecast say 23 mph winds all day long. I guess you're right about September. I see there are some pretty popular runners doing it this year.

omr good luck with the scans.

No running today. It got windy but also went to lunch with DW and SIL. SIL wanted sushi so DW and cowerkers came. SIL wanted 1 roll. ONE. uhh. Oh and she found out she ISN'T a millennial and was a little upset because she didn't know what she was then. I laughed. I probably won't get any MORE running in this week until race day which has me mixed. I'd LIKE to go in feeling more confident however I guess going into a PR attempt can have all the confidence in the world and end up going horrible. If I can get NeRP to fit to some kind of schedule next week it might help running.

Oh, it was a little funny to walk into an interview at work and when they asked who was watching the kid I pulled out my phone and showed them the live feed.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

pepperjack

pie man

Waiting for the jeopardy online test to go live.

I have developed a blister on my inner heel.  I think it's the shoes, Asics did a significant update to the GT 2000s.  I have an old pair, but they're pretty beat.  I might just run less. Starting with today (SRD).

Brew, that podcast question could be for you as well.  And our other current and former Bay Area folks.

11:11 3,000 (recent)

rlk_117

Resident Millennial

pj- ha... related to that, you know my full name. google me and you should find something interesting on the first page of search results (not running related)

mile, 5:26 /5k, 19:34 /10k, 41:00 /13.1, 1:31:49 /26.2, 3:12:58

pepperjack

pie man

I think i remember from when I made the contestant pool a couple of years ago.  Don't think I did as well this time at best I got 13 wrong.  I was over 40 when I got the in-person deal.

11:11 3,000 (recent)

Running Problem

Problem Child

PJ I only know of the Tenderloin what I read about online. Apparently it's not the best neighborhood but then again, I'm not city folk. Also, I believe Rancid was from Campbell for a while then moved to the East Bay. I just saw a performance of them with Dropkick Murphys from 2003 Warped Tour. Man I wish I'd had gone  to that instead of working.

rlk Too the googles I go...you're a dentist from Ontario. Sweet. The part I find most interesting is the videos...how to play Massachusetts on piano. I guess that is kind of related to running. What 5k are you running? Sub 19 goal or just to beat the BF since he's getting faster?

oregon It's definately a different type of exhaustion but it's more scheduling things in, if possible, causing exhaustion. I hope things get better when he goes to daycare. I would have all kinds of "home hobbies" if I was a stay at home parent. Gardening, facebooking, sales (arbon, tupperware, pampered chef, lipsense, etc.)

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

mattw4jc

For the Tobacco Road Marathon in Cary, NC, the 10 day forecast (which actually shows 14 days) has Sunday the 18th as the warmest of the 14 days. Low of 53 and high of 73. Yay.

rlk_117

Resident Millennial

brew- haha, definitely not a dentist. but there is something jeopardy-related on there...   don't embarrass me, keep it to yourself :P

the 5k is actually right near GNE, ha, it's an ugly course. it's on the PA-USATF circuit. don't think i'm ready for sub-19 yet but i'd like to PR (19:55) and land somewhere mid-19s. BF isn't racing this one. He'll do the one my team hosts (also on the PA circuit) at the end of April, and I really hope I beat him Smile  good news is we did a speed workout together last night and I was a few steps ahead of him the whole time.

ooh, speaking of, too bad these weren't on your test PJ!

https://twitter.com/jgault13/status/971909522020282368

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

Brew - DW has a stockpile as well. Partly for DD3, partly as she's donating some (100+ oz eventually) to a local mother's milk bank.
                        Also, you're absolutely not city folk when you use a term like "city folk".

FB - Purple polka dotted quads is an amusing image to me.

Ace - Scary stuff on the close call.

KK - The date went well, thanks. DW and I were able to sit and eat at a restaurant by ourselves for the first time in forever!

Dad - Short racing sounds brutal! It must be highly-concentrated fun (at least in retrospect) to put up with those effects.

SClever - Any idea what might have led to the change? From what I was told the last time I had mine checked the ratio is typically more important than either of the other numbers by themselves.

OMR - Fingers crossed for a favorable MRI interpretation.

Matt - I think I saw Tobacco Road on a list of best BQ-ing marathons for last year.

Somehow I had another of those awesome easy runs today. Hopefully this isn't just a fluke.
                        I'm now considering picking up a marathon in Kansas City, mid-November. Possibly because (while comfortably accommodating a fall goal HM) it would be my best shot at getting a BQ before being able to use my first old-man discount to get in to That Race. As an aside, what's the closest to a goal marathon anyone would suggest running a HM as a fitness test?

5k: 17:58 11/22 │ 10k: 37:55 9/21 │ HM: 1:23:22 4/22 │ M: 2:56:05 12/22

Upcoming Races:

OKC Memorial 5k - April 27

Bun Run 5k - May 4

ilanarama

Pace Prophet

pj- ha... related to that, you know my full name. google me and you should find something interesting on the first page of search results (not running related)

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

Guess you changed your mind about being an architect.  And also, hply sjot, seeing how young you really are makes me feel even more decrepit and aged than I actually am.

rlk_117

Resident Millennial

ilana- lol . hey now! that was a good 14 years ago.

fb-guy

Has anyone worked out how to embed images?  I tried to post a photo to Imgur and then link to it using the insert/edit image button. But atlas, no luck. More pictures would be fun.

m: 2:55:04 | 10k: 37:14 | 50mile: 9:35

darkwave

Mother of Cats

My googling revealed nothing Jeopardy-related.

FB - no clue.  Maybe post in the help thread for this forum?

Brewing - that's right, this is the big 5K weekend!

Good luck wishes to TurtleBoy in the DC Rock and Roll Marathon and Runnerjones in the RNRDC half tomorrow!  And good luck to Brewing and RLK in their 5K races and Pesto in his half that I'm not even going to attempt to pronounce.

Looks like good weather for RNR DC.

11 miles total today.  7.5 miles very easy to the gym (8:53), then light upper body weights and core plus DIY yoga.  Followed with 3.5 very easy home (8:42) plus drills and strides.  Pretty windy today - I felt ridiculously good for the first mile of my loop route, then turned a corner and realized I had a major tailwind (18 MPH, according to Weather Underground)

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.