2018 3:20 (and beyond) (Read 582 times)

mattw4jc

Also, the new office building has elevator buttons that are hard to press with elbows.  We're all gonna die (or break training for illness)!

How about using a pencil or pen or pehaps the corner of your phone? Or else take the stairs! Smile

Running Problem

Problem Child

Isn't resting heart-rate one of those passive-aggressive "mine is lower than yours" things? People get a Fitbit that mis-reads their HR and they spending the next year at parties telling everyone they are so fit that they have a resting heart rate of 45! :-) I've seen it. Maybe it's a Silicon Valley thing. haha.

I do this with blood pressure. Mine heart rate was 47 bpm yesterday at 8:00 am. I'd already had at least 20 ounces of coffee. Maybe it's because I grew up south of Silicon Valley. I DO always take a photo of my blood pressure and pulse for some reason. Probably so the next time someone asks me if it's normal to be that low.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

rlk_117

Resident Millennial

FB- haha, there is nothing worse than the fitbit crowd. i am too geographically biased to say if the craze is outside silicon valley. i love when i go on a run mid-workday and a coworker sees me with my garmin on and asks, "oh, is that a fitbit?" no, you MFer, it's a device that actually measures significant things instead of acting as fake motivation for inactive people to walk an arbitrary number of steps in a day, in fad fashion which is now wearing off.

</rant>

mile, 5:26 /5k, 19:34 /10k, 41:00 /13.1, 1:31:49 /26.2, 3:12:58

rlk_117

Resident Millennial

I do this with blood pressure. Mine heart rate was 47 bpm yesterday at 8:00 am. I'd already had at least 20 ounces of coffee. Maybe it's because I grew up south of Silicon Valley. I DO always take a photo of my blood pressure and pulse for some reason. Probably so the next time someone asks me if it's normal to be that low.

haha, i like the phrase about passive aggressive brag factor. i do that with my low blood pressure, too, but it's not really a brag when i stand up too fast and have to stop and lean against a wall for 10 seconds until the black/fuzzy vision goes away!

OMR

OMR -- have you had the traditional "runner's knee" in the past? Isn't that where your IT band is tight and it pulls your knee tracking out of line to the outside side? I'm sure you are trying it, but sometimes rolling the IT band and stretching can help the knee relax. Maybe? Anyway -- enjoy classes.

Isn't resting heart-rate one of those passive-aggressive "mine is lower than yours" things? People get a Fitbit that mis-reads their HR and they spending the next year at parties telling everyone they are so fit that they have a resting heart rate of 45! :-) I've seen it. Maybe it's a Silicon Valley thing. haha.

Yeah, I've had runner's knee before.  I don't think the IT band feels tight, but i think you're right that something (or things) is (are) pulling it out of alignment.  I just haven't been able to find it yet, and now I'm standing in front of a class for about 4-6 hours on Monday and Wednesday, which probably isn't helping.  Regarding the HR comment, yeah, that was intended to be a little humorous.  But still...sub-8 pace at 120bpm.

rlk:  Your getting up too fast and getting dizzy comment made me laugh.

Arvind Balaraman

Arvind I calculated your weekly mileage to be almost 48 instead of the 39 you claim.

fb 1,600 is my wheel house for annual mileage (once) so the only thing I can say is run 40 mpw and set a specific pace to run slower. check the GPS and check your heart rate. Instead of running sub 8 do them at 8:30 or slower. While I don't know how Apple calculates your pace I'd keep an eye on it for the miles you've run and hope it can tell you the lap pace. As for heart rate....my aerobic rate is 160 or less. Pay attention to how you feel, if you could talk at that pace or carry a conversation (sentence vs words) and you'll narrow down what an easy heart rate is. There are also lots of online calculators Dwave is the QUEEN of "slow running" advice in my book. She some how runs 9:00 or slower but races around the 6-7:00 paces.

39 is my run mileage. Others where spinning

Running Problem

Problem Child

FB- haha, there is nothing worse than the fitbit crowd. i am too geographically biased to say if the craze is outside silicon valley. i love when i go on a run mid-workday and a coworker sees me with my garmin on and asks, "oh, is that a fitbit?" no, you MFer, it's a device that actually measures significant things instead of acting as fake motivation for inactive people to walk an arbitrary number of steps in a day, in fad fashion which is now wearing off.

</rant>

Wow...tell me what you REALLY think.  It MUST upset you since you actually used the Shift key for more than a punctuation mark. Such a sensitive snowflake. #triggered Big grin

Any suggestions for a 58 day 5K training plan for sub 20? Run lots of miles and add speedwork and tempo runs is the current plan. Unsure how being 2 pints down will affect anything.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

darkwave

Mother of Cats

</rant>

I haven't really noted a fitbit craze here, but it may just be the circles I run in (literally).

pool-running, light weights, and DIY yoga today.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

rlk_117

Resident Millennial

brew- yes, that is how i really feel Big grin

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Wow...tell me what you REALLY think.  It MUST upset you since you actually used the Shift key for more than a punctuation mark. Such a sensitive snowflake. #triggered Big grin

Any suggestions for a 58 day 5K training plan for sub 20? Run lots of miles and add speedwork and tempo runs is the current plan. Unsure how being 2 pints down will affect anything.

Brewing - check this out. - https://www.runnersworld.com/race-training/solving-the-5k-puzzle

I'm bib 20546 for anyone tracking Houston

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

RunnerJones

Will Run for Donuts!

Good luck!

ThisIsNotSam

Jogger

I am really out of the loop these days. What's your goal?

Mile 5:24 3k 11:01 5k 19:01 10k 38:34 hm 1:26:57 fm 3:02:33

mattw4jc

Yes! Do it!

I've got several running friends scattered about the country from Phoenix to Houston to Charleston. Looking forward to some tracking results.

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

Brew DWave - You two are funny. Good luck in Houston!

[passive-aggressive humble brag] My resting HR for the last 7 days is 41 bpm! [/passive-aggressive humble brag]

5k: 17:58 11/22 │ 10k: 37:55 9/21 │ HM: 1:23:22 4/22 │ M: 2:56:05 12/22

Upcoming Races:

OKC Memorial 5k - April 27

Bun Run 5k - May 4

Running Problem

Problem Child

Brewing - check this out. - https://www.runnersworld.com/race-training/solving-the-5k-puzzle

Thanks. I'll start working up the speed next week when (hopefully) life doesn't include the commute and I'll make time for speed workouts on lunch. This should help get back into speed workouts.

Also, http://www.chron.com/sports/article/Top-two-women-s-seeds-drop-out-of-Chevron-Houston-12493698.php

Looks lie your chances for the overall just got better.

VDOT 53.37