Would you give up a testicle to run faster? (Read 1255 times)

A study shows that one of the reason for Lance Armstrong's improvement after being treated for cancer was in fact the surgery in which he got one testicle removed caused a permanent change in his blood hormone balance ...to his advantage. These hormonal changes "delay fatigue and enhance recovery". www.wisc.edu/agingresearch/ppt/EndocrineSocietyPoster3.ppt Sounds like it should also enhance long distance running performance. Anyone willing to try? Wink - R
    xor

Sure. I haven't used mine in a few years anyway.

JimR

Then shouldn't gurls run faster then guys? Huh? Shouldn't they?

Menace to Sobriety

Why just one? Give up both, get twice as fast AND move into the other gender category. MTA: Also eliminates the "boner while running issue"

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Mishka-old log

yabut Lance replaced his testicle with Mathew McConaughy

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

Yeah. It's the real reason he retired from cycling.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

xor

Then I bet Lance stinks now.

One of the key elements to the success is that you need to keep one. But if someone wants to try removing both, go ahead ... for sake of science.

Old, Slow, Happy

I'm 55 years old. I've been married for 31 years. I don't need 'um and I'd really like to run faster. Who should I mail them to?
                        I think Lance is planning to address this in his next book, It's Not About the Missing Testicle MTA: BTW, would that be called a gone-nad.
                          Would anyone here give up one testicle for a night with Jessica Alba Confused I wouldn't.

Vim

JakeKnight

Actually, you've got it entirely backwards. While theoretically losing a testicle at a relatively young age might lead to the aforementioned changes in hormonal balance thus resulting in some athletic advantages ... you're completely forgetting the aerodynamic DISADVANTAGES of being a One-Balled Biker. God and/or Darwinian Evolution and/or the Great Green Arkleseizure created man's physical form in a binomial fashion; that is, we have pairs of most things. Unless binomial is a made-up word. Which, c'mon, it sure sounds like. I digress. The point is that matching appendages on both sides aids in aerodynamic efficiency. Two ears, two shoulders, two heaving bosoms. Well, actually bosom is singular. But its a better word than bewbs. Funnier. But I digress again. The point is clear: having one ball and then wearing that homoerotic multi-hued skin-tight Spandex ensemble means poor Lance has to battle a constant aerodynamic force pushing him in one direction! Don't believe it? Next time you're in the car, stick one ball out the window. See what happens. The moral is clear: Lance is superhuman. At every turn, he turns adversity into triumph, and cute wives into Sheryl Crow. If he had two balls he'd already have broken the sound barrier. How dare you suggest an advantage? Good day, sir!

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                            -----------------------------

seeEricaRun

Awesome

Yes. What does my husband need two for?
                                I always suspected he was a nut.