Winter running top (Read 177 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

I still like mine. Like Christirei, I had one day that it was really windy and the wind cut through it. Usually I wear it with a short sleeve wool blend underneath. On the really cold days I've worn a thin LS.

I don't mind the sleeves--mainly because even though I don't think my arms are abnormally long, so many shirts seem short. These sleeves are a perfect length. i got the hoodie in the same material and you can flip the fabric on the end of the sleeves completely over your hands. This is really nice--my hands tend to go from ice to hot, so this prevents the problem where to put my gloves.

Julia1971

So, after a couple of months of running, what does everyone think of their NB top?? I love mine and wear it almost every day, some extremely cold days i have switched to a top with a built in hood/face cover because it keeps the cold air off of my neck much better, but otherwise i wear my base layer under the NB top and it works great. The only time i have had an issue is on a super windy/blustery day when i did feel like the wind cut through me, i probably should have worn one more layer underneath, but the temps weren't that cold and i didn't want to get hot. otherwise, no complaints except for one little tiny thing...does it bother anyone else that they have a finger cuff or something on the inside of the cuff?? when i put it on every single morning my fingers naturally go into the cuff and i have to stop and pull them out and reposition the sleeve, super annoying.

Yes, the cuff is annoying but it seems most long sleeve shirts have a thumb hole or cuff these days.  As someone with freakishly long arms, this is a big pet peeve of mine because I end up with random holes or extra fabric near my wrist bones that are of no use to me.  I don't know why this trend took hold but manufacturers should go back to making legitimate sleeves and force people to buy gloves.  /rant

Half Crazy K 2.0

Yes, the cuff is annoying but it seems most long sleeve shirts have a thumb hole or cuff these days.  As someone with freakishly long arms, this is a big pet peeve of mine because I end up with random holes or extra fabric near my wrist bones that are of no use to me.  I don't know why this trend took hold but manufacturers should go back to making legitimate sleeves and force people to buy gloves.  /rant

I don't think my arms are freakishly long, but pretty much all clothing makes me feel like they are! It's not just running clothes, I have so many work clothes that look like I outgrew them.

Red Bird

This time of year here in Chicago I can easily handle the weather dressed in shorts, 5 t-shirts, bandana, gloves, baseball cap.  And can do as many miles as I want dressed like this;