Kinvara 1s (Read 471 times)

ultramarathon/triathlete

I love the Saucony Kinvaras.  I'm on my 3rd or 4th pair of the first ones.  I think the Kinvara 3 just came out.  

Looks like the 2 was a bit different than the 1.  Anyone have any experience with both?  Are they much different?

Anyone know if there's still somewhere online to order the K1s?

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

The only difference I noticed between the 1s and 2s was the color schemes, everything else seemed the same.  I don't know of any place that sells the 1s any more but the 2s are very cheap over at runningwarehouse.com.  You can get a pair for about $58 if you use one of the numerous 10% discount codes.

Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, It is well, it is well with my soul.

ultramarathon/triathlete

Ah, good to know thanks.  I thought I heard the heal was a little more narrow but that was just something I picked up in conversation.  $58 is a great price though! Thanks! 

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Just got my first pair of 2's (300 miles on the 1s).  The main difference I read about and can now see is that the lacing comes down further over the toe box on the 2s for a snugger fit if you want it.  This doesn't matter to me as I  have to keep the laces nice and loose with my weird high arches. I put 11 miles on them out of the box with no need to break them in.

I found the twos to be be a bit stiffer than the ones. Definitely a bit of a longer break-in period. I had two pairs of ones that went well over 700 miles each pair, but with the twos I noticed a small tear in the fabric on the outside of the right shoe around 300 miles in. A coating of shoe goo fixed that though. I liked the ones better, they just felt better out of the box. That being said, I'm happy overall with the twos and won't hesitate to get another pair. 

-Jamie