Kinvara 9 on sale (Read 95 times)

kinvara 9 at saucony.com for $80 - 25% with rebate code EXTRA25 and another 10% off if you sign up for email. Also, free shipping.

brad0985

Thanks for the heads up! Knew they’d be on sale with the release of the 10. Time to stock up!

AceHarris

I wasn't able to get the preferred color, but getting Kinvaras for close to $50 is a great deal! Placed my order on Monday!

Road Mile: 5:19 (2017), 5k: 17:09 (2021), 10k: 35:54 (2021), HM: 1:21:55 (2020), M: 2:53:18 (2021)

erinr

Thanks! Snagged a sale hoodie, too.

you like the kinvara 9?

what's your impression?

cushiony?

responsive?

fast n light?

race in them?

daily training?

long runs?

thanks.

300m- 37 sec.

Seattle prattle

I picked up my first pair a couple of weeks ago and ran a few runs in them including a short race.

They are really nice. WHat is surprising is how cushioned they are for suck a lightweight shoe.Also, I like the low drop, which usually allows me to run a fore-foot stride a bit more effectively.

I try not to use them for a daily trainer just becuase i've heard a lot about how they wear out rather quickly.

With the amount of cushioning they have, i would definitely feel comfortable up to a half marathon distance and probably even the marathon. And yes, they are responsive and not an overly stiff sole.

SMART Approach

I just received my Kinvara 9s (first pair) and didn't realize the model is virtually done. I loved the 6s, and 7s but not the 8s mainly because of lacing. Weird. I simply could never get a comfortable lacing. Either shoe felt loose or when lacing tighter it would dig into top of my foot. I couldn't shake it. I tried on 9s and they feel great.....will run in them the first time this evening.

My general take on Kinvaras are very favorable. They are light enough to race in a half, full or even 5K. I like to go a hair lighter for 5Ks but would have no issue doing 5ks in these if I felt I needed more cushioning because of nicks or aches in feet.  The cushioning is very good for a lighter shoe. You won't get much in way of stability. For, a orthotics wearer, this is not a big deal. I love to mix the Kinvaras with my Brooks Ghosts throughout the week. I will generally do Ghosts in my longer runs and Kinvaras in shorter or speedier runs or on treadmill. I think it is good in general to have a shoe rotation. In this case, you get a higher heel to toe drop with Ghosts and certainly less with Kinvaras. I think it is good for injury preventions to vary stresses on foot, body by wearing different shoes.

The Kinvaras wear down quicker for me as a heel striker. At 150 - 175  miles the carbon is gone on heel if outside pavement running. I milk out another 50-75 miles on treadmill thereafter.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com