How to get the perfect race finish photo? (Read 2965 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Cool, Yapper! Big grin
    JDF

Non-Stroller-Still Crazy

Umm. Are you sure you weren't number 1? I don't see anyone near you as you broke the tape.
      And I didn't think that picture could get any better! Maybe you could photo chop Geb leaning at the line just a hair behind! That would be pretty cool!
      JDF

Non-Stroller-Still Crazy

I was surprised at how much air I had in this photo! I get to race down that hill with the stroller on Saturday! I was thinking that with 6 foot wings on the stroller lift-off will take place somewhere around 21 mph! The stroller is a bear to control once in flight though! http://www.marathonfoto.com/view_watermark.cfm?CustomerNumber=S19557&NegsNumber=55884979&Orientation=P
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I was surprised at how much air I had in this photo! I get to race down that hill with the stroller on Saturday! I was thinking that with 6 foot wings on the stroller lift-off will take place somewhere around 21 mph! The stroller is a bear to control once in flight though! http://www.marathonfoto.com/view_watermark.cfm?CustomerNumber=S19557&NegsNumber=55884979&Orientation=P
          That's like Blaine's photo...right down to flashy shoes! I like! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I was pretty happy with my first marathon finish photo, but I think the lady in front of me clearly HTFU-ed more than I did. Smile

~Sara
            It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

hahaha! my kids LOVEd the photoshop job too! Big grin

Jennifer mm#1231

THEN pulled off this picture makes it funnier. I can't even begin to explain that but you have my respect sir.
                very kind of you. thank you, though the only reason I could pull off the picture is because it was a gutless run. at least I can provide some laughs.
                And you know sometimes it gets so painful Just like talking to yourself When everything don't seem to have no rhyme or reason We all go Do do loo do do, do do loo do do Waiting for the sun to shine
                  I did the arms out and fingers pointing once...still not very photogenic. At least there are no chipmunk cheeks; I have chipmunk cheeks at most of my finish photos. Next time I'm gonna try the heel click thing...
                  Not only did you break it, your shoes match the graphics on the tape. Can't get much better than that.

E.J.
                  Greater Lowell Road Runners
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

I'm going to see if I can post one. If I could offer any advice, I'd recommend NOT shooting the photographer a "What-are-you-doing-here" look. In my defense, It was at mile 24 of a 13-minute PR... hmmm. Well, it's at http://www.me.com/gallery/#100010/39183-073-015f I don't know why this isn't working (EBKAC).....I used the
                    theyapper

On the road again...

I don't know why this isn't working (EBKAC).....I used the img thingies.
                      My guess is that you need to also include the image name at the end of the link, like http://www.me.com/gallery/#100010/39183-073-015f/nameofthepicture.jpg Then put all that inside the img tags

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Okay time to give this thread a bump for the 2009 season. You know you like 'em so post them here for everyone to see. Last year this thread was home to both perfect and the, err, not so perfect finish line photos - both equally welcome. Here are two from two different races over the last two weekends that pretty much span the range for me. On the left the classic head-on photo has captured an awkward pose as I complete the 'invisible skipping rope half marathon' with my eyes closed. On the right the photographer has pulled off a few tricks to make it look like I was moving fast. He even caught a pretty good pose. And I fixed the closed eye problem by wearing shades. Although I now look like a bit of a pretentious wanker... John
                        Goal: Age grade over 80% on a certified course.

Beginner all over again

I just found this resurrected thread. Enjoyed them all ! Thanks for posting your Race Finish pictures ! Wink

Prince of Fatness

What, no watch shots? This is me Sunday finishing my half marathon. In my defense I was well over the line before going for the watch. The guy was late taking the picture.

Not at it at all. 

Flat footer

Alright I'll put in my newest... What the heck was I doing??? Dancing??? She's a maniac, maniac on the floor...
                              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Alright I'll put in my newest... What the heck was I doing??? Dancing??? She's a maniac, maniac on the floor...
                                Ooh, jazz hands! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay