How to get the perfect race finish photo? (Read 2965 times)

Alright I'll put in my newest... What the heck was I doing??? Dancing???
    Good one. It also reminds me of the fake look of surprise magicians make when they've successfully made something 'vanish'. John
    Goal: Age grade over 80% on a certified course.
    DirtyGraceFlint

The Crap Whisperer

Ooh, jazz hands! Big grin
      haha! i have an unofficial photograph from this weekend where it looks like Im doing jazz hands across the finish (i was actually waving)...unfortunately jazz hands isn't really all that odd for me Big grin

Being the best tiny spec that I can be!

Hilly course, PR half-marathon effort by nearly ten minutes.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

What, no watch shots? This is me Sunday finishing my half marathon. In my defense I was well over the line 

Poor finish line camera placement here.

I like to call this one "Kiss me, I just ran a half marathon"

http://208.177.25.18/0/47671/7/47671-007-010f.jpg

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

How to get the perfect race finish photo?

Easy.

Get diverted and finish the race some 35 minutes before you were supposed to.  Then smile.

I look my best blurry!

Awesome!  Man your calves are huge!  No wonder you can log all those miles of hills!

My first finish line photo ever at my first HM.  I think I should wear a little make-up and smile.  PGH I didn't even think to look up.  Can't wait to see what that one looks like.  I was definitely happy both times!

I don't know about perfect, but go here and type in bib 775 for some amusement.

I decided to be goofy. I had fun.

Those were AWESOME, Dan!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Very nice.  Too bad you didn't know the camera was there for most of them, you could have hammed it up a little.

You'll ruin your knees!

Very nice.  Too bad you didn't know the camera was there for most of them, you could have hammed it up a little.

..anybody else notice how it says "DICKS" right above Dan and the other guy?  Heh!

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Loves the outdoors

Those were AWESOME, Dan!

+1 Loved them!

One day I decided I wanted to become a runner, so I did.

By the clock it looks like your finish line-crossing celebration lasted more than 9 seconds.  Just move through the chute, man... just move through the chute. 

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

I look my best blurry!

You definitely have flair!  Coolio!  I'm not sharing my PGH half photos.  Bag of bones in motion is not pretty.  Eeeew!   Maybe posing with DH and hunky shirtless dudes later.

Imminent Catastrophe

Looks like a BQ time. Nice.  

How to get the perfect race finish photo?

Easy.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Since we are revisiting this thread, I had to share a follow up... Practice makes perfect!  After a rookie move in 08 when I failed to capture the 'N' , a completely unmentionable 09 attempt, I nailed it this year...well, except that you can't see the 'T'.  I'll give it another go next year. 

Jennifer mm#1231