Blister Powder...Does It Work (Read 611 times)

~Gordo~

Have been getting a blister on my left foot (where the arch would be if I wasn't flat footed) on my long runs. Tried switching socks to ACISCs Kayano, but no joy. Anybody ever use blister powder and if so did it work, or is there something better? See you on the streets. ~Gordo
    !If you don't...you won't! ~Remember the light at the end of tunnel maybe you~ ~If you choose not to decided, you still have made a choice~
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

YES! The Two Toms Blister Shield powder is fantastic! For some odd reason about 70 miles into a pair of shoes I started getting a blister on one foot (inside, ball of foot right below big toe). I used that for maybe a month worth of runs and eventually the spot completely healed and the shoe broke-in better in that spot. It won't completely eliminate the potential for blisters, but for me it minimized it to probably 25-30% as bad. I could do 10-11 miles with only a very minimal spot developing, instead of 6 miles with a big blister. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

You'll ruin your knees!

I have had success with the product Kirsten referenced.

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have had success with the product Kirsten referenced.
          Yep...your rave reviews sold it for me. Good stuff! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

~Gordo~

Thank you both, I'll head out tomorrow and see if I can find some before my long run on Saturday. Thanks again. ~Gordo
            !If you don't...you won't! ~Remember the light at the end of tunnel maybe you~ ~If you choose not to decided, you still have made a choice~
            Teresadfp

One day at a time

What kind of stores sell that? Running stores or pharmacies? TIA! Teresa
              jeffdonahue

Have been getting a blister on my left foot (where the arch would be if I wasn't flat footed) on my long runs. Tried switching socks to ACISCs Kayano, but no joy. Anybody ever use blister powder and if so did it work, or is there something better? See you on the streets. ~Gordo
                I use bodyglide. I get blisters in the same spot as you and the bodyglide works great. Also, are you wearing cotton socks? If so, switching to a good pair of running socks that wicks the sweat away can really help as well.