Coolest Race In Michigan (CRIM) (Read 817 times)

It's CRIM time again www.crim.org . This will be my 8th consecutive year (every year since I started running). I was kinda ticked off to see the fee go up on this race. With the $12 upgrade on the shirt, it's $49 for the 10 mile. It didn't stop me from registering though. The CRIM is the best thing about Flint. Anyone else ever run it?
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hah, is that what CRIM stands for...I did not know that! I think Joni did that years ago. I'd really like to do the 10 miler...this year I can't, as did will be out-of-town that weekend, but maybe next year. I've heard nothing but rave reviews of the event. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

It's actually named after Bobby Crim, former Michigan legislator, who started the race the race 30 years ago. They started using the Coolest Race In Michigan slogan a few years back.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ahhh...I like the slogan! Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

Marathonmanleto

Would like to, but it's always at the wrong time for us. Hope you have fun. Ken you doing the Freep?
              Joe, I will be doing the Freep, but, I haven't committed to doing the full or the half yet. My running partner is doing the half - I'd like to do the 26.2. For the first 6 months of the year, I really struggled with achilles tendonitis. Right now, I'm feeling pretty good but haven't done any runs over 10 in my training program yet. Are you running it?

Marathonmanleto

Ken, I'll be there--full. Have registered and training is going well. I'm not a big fan of it, but it's so damn easy not having to travel. One day I would like to do the Cleveland Towpath. Have heard great things about.
                  Anyone else ever run it?
                  I ran the 13th race! Just a *few* years ago! Big grin I wanted to run it this year, but I'm working on some ankle & hip issues right now. I have it on my list for next year. This race really means a lot to me- first one I ran as well as with a good friend who died in a car wreck a couple months after the race. She was the one who started me running! I also used to work at the Water Street Pavillion (race start), so I'm realllllly looking forward to just getting back there and doing it again! My family's still in the area, so we already have somewhere to stay when we go- we're in Muskegon County now! I hope to see you there next year!!
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I ran the 13th race! Just a *few* years ago! Big grin I wanted to run it this year, but I'm working on some ankle & hip issues right now. I have it on my list for next year. I hope to see you there next year!!
                    I'll run it with ya'! Wouldn't that be a fun road trip!? I'll bet we could get Eryn and Andrea to go with us, too! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Ken, I'll be there--full. Have registered and training is going well. I'm not a big fan of it, but it's so damn easy not having to travel. One day I would like to do the Cleveland Towpath. Have heard great things about.
                      I've done the Freep as a half 3 times (twice as a relay, and once when they started the 13.1). I've only ever done the first part of the course which is the best part anyway - with the bridge and tunnel. I've heard the Towpath is good, too. It's a trail run right?
                        Joni, You ran the 13th Crim? What were you 6 years old or something? Wink Hope you all can make it next year. I hear they are expecting 15000+ participants in all the events combined this year. The big question is whether or not some of the roads on the course will still be under construction or not. FYI... here's the course map http://runningahead.com/maps/7f25d5b7e39f42ccab5de03c2a967cf6
                          Joni, You ran the 13th Crim? What were you 6 years old or something? Wink
                          LMBO! Gee, I wish! Actually I was 22! And when I ran it, I think there were 4,000 some people doing the 10 mile! Cathy O'Brien beat the world record for the 10 mile at the time w/ 51:47.
                            I'll run it with ya'! Wouldn't that be a fun road trip!? I'll bet we could get Eryn and Andrea to go with us, too! Big grin k
                            Hey, the more the merrier! Maybe we can all wear RA shirts!!
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hey, the more the merrier! Maybe we can all wear RA shirts!!
                              Ooh, that would be a killer uniform! I'm hoping to get a navy and white running skirt at some point, too. Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Think Whirled Peas

It's CRIM time again www.crim.org . This will be my 8th consecutive year (every year since I started running). I was kinda ticked off to see the fee go up on this race. With the $12 upgrade on the shirt, it's $49 for the 10 mile. It didn't stop me from registering though. The CRIM is the best thing about Flint. Anyone else ever run it?
                                Hey, sorry...I just noticed this thread, but I am IN FOR THE CRIM! I'm really just using it as a gage to see how I'm doing in prepping for the Detroit Half in October. Being that it's your 8th CRIM, any advice? I live in Brighton and am planning on just driving up in the AM...how bad is parking? Should I just drive up Friday night and pickup my packet, or is it pretty painless to do it the morning of? Thanks, and mayhap we'll see ya there! (I'll be the chubby guy in the back of the pack Smile)

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>