chrome post lock-up (Read 675 times)

"run" "2" "eat"

happens at home and at work. i don't doubt operator error but if that's the case i'd like to know what behavior to modify.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

eric :)

Do you have a home computer and a work computer, or is it on a laptop that you take home?

It's not operator error.  More like Chrome error, although haven't been able to reproduce it.  Another thing I can try is update to the latest editor code and see if that makes a difference.

"run" "2" "eat"

work computer - older dell tower pc running winxp -- home computer - newish toshiba netbook running win7.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

"run" "2" "eat"

event.layerX and event.layerY are broken and deprecated in WebKit. They will be removed from the engine in the near future.

I don't think that's an RA error.  The error message is generated by jQuery, which is not used by RA or the text editor.  Are you sure it came from RA?

"run" "2" "eat"

not sure it came from RA. i just did that "inspect element" thing in chrome. not sure what element i was looking at, but - RA was the live tab. i'll try it again tomorrow with only RA open - try to isolate it.

"run" "2" "eat"

the past couple days all the bold fonts in RA and other places -- fonts on tabs here: Home, Training Log, Resources, Community -- the bold is all blurry. 

is there a chrome setting i have perhaps inadvertently reset?

"run" "2" "eat"

okay, i have spend half the morning researching this to no avail. the fonts are f'd up in chrome - all blurry, bitmapped. there are suggestions everywhere but no real fixes. right when i had gotten used to chrome, i am going to have to quit using it because the fonts are just a terrible distraction. gah!

(still open to suggestions....? anyone? anyone?)

"run" "2" "eat"

"run" "2" "eat"

hey, thanks, r2e!! that really worked!!

Thanks, R2E, for finding the answer.

R2E: I'm glad R2E's solution worked for you!  You should consider using anything but Chrome to save you from future headaches ;-)

A Saucy Wench

Thanks, R2E, for finding the answer.

R2E: I'm glad R2E's solution worked for you!  You should consider using anything but Chrome to save you from future headaches ;-)

Funny, I was just going to come in and see if people had any kind of problems with Chrome as it seems firefox crashes during upload frequently.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7