Unable to import Bike workout from Garmin 305 (Read 697 times)

ericasteele

The run workouts imported fine, but just did a bike workout and it will not import. No error, no nothing. Windows XP SP3 Firefox 3.0.6 Garmin Forerunner 305
    eric :)

I'm looking into this now.
      ericasteele

Looking at log this morning and now I have no maps and no graphs. I have "Cleared Personal Data" from Firefox and got rid of cookies and history. Hmm. But I can see other people's maps and graphs.
        Carlitillos

I'm a new user, just since yesterday. I have the same problem. MultiSport sessions aren`t import from FR305 to my TrainingLog and can't see maps or graphs.
          wyerock

One of my friends is having the same problem. Only his bike workouts would import and not his runs. Has anyone tried changing the default workout type? Settings --> Running (or Biking) --> Use this Sport Then try the import again.

The graphing and map problems are fixed. ericasteele, do you have Training Center installed? If so, could you send me an email via the feedback form so I can get hold of your history file? I don't know why your bike entries aren't showing. It displayed properly for me.
              DamonSteele

Erica doesn't have GTC installed on her computer. I can try importing the data again. What happens is it connects to the Garmin (it beeps) and gives the progress % and says it's complete and is loaded to the server and will take a few moments. Click on the Summary tab and get the banner saying that the download is ready and to 'Click Here'. After clicking, there are no entries to save. This only happened on the bike workout. The previous download was all runs.

Damon, What happens if you/Erica uncheck "Import new workouts only" and reimport everything? Will you/she be able to see the missing entries? Don't worry about duplicate entries. You can press the delete button at the bottom of the import page which will delete all the workouts on the import page.
                  DamonSteele

Will let you know when I can pry it out of her hands long enough to try again. Thanks for everything that you do for us and this site.
                    ericasteele

Eric, Unchecked "Import New Workouts Only" and it showed 2 bikes workouts and 3 runs (runs were already imported). I was able to import the 2 bike workouts. Wonder why they didn't import yesterday? Thanks for all your help. This website is the best!

Eric, Unchecked "Import New Workouts Only" and it showed 2 bikes workouts and 3 runs (runs were already imported). I was able to import the 2 bike workouts. Wonder why they didn't import yesterday? Thanks for all your help. This website is the best!
                        Erica, I've been getting reports similar to what you're experiencing. I haven't gotten a good handle on it yet. Most of them say that it works fine with another browser. For example, if you're using IE, you should trie IE and vice versa. From the sound of it, it's probably a client problem (i.e. some configuration issue with the browser).
                        andrewg5

Hi Eric, Same issue is happening to me. Run workouts import fine but I can't get the Bike workouts to show up. I've tried various combos: - turned Garmin 305 on and switched from Run to Bike - Uploaded new activities only - Uploaded all activities - Tried Firefox and Safari I'm on a Mac. No issues importing any Run activities. I sent you a note using the feedback form. Thanks so much. You rock! Andrew