Shoe wear advice (Read 560 times)

TJN

S Army Kettle run...

I know you're all going to tell me to stop off at a good running store ... unfortunately nothing in the local area. The next time we get out to "the big town" we'll stop off ... I promise .... 5' 10" 195lbs Based on what I've read, I need a neutral shoe ... I stopped at the Saucony booth at the last marathon I ran and the lady there confirmed I definitely need a neutral shoe ... I've been using the Saucony Trigon Guide. Nice shoe .. feels good etc. No complaints there. Ok fine ... This is the deal, I just kill the outside heel on the left shoe. The right heel is fine... it shows what I would say is normal wear, but otherwise is fine. In the meantime, the left heel wears down through the black and up into the next layer of the sole. Currently, I need another pair. Before I go out and buy something, I was just wondering if anyone has some thoughts on this issue. Thanks Tim

Tim 

If you are wearing down the outside lateral side of the heel then you are doing the damage to the shoe on the heel strike before any pronation can occur. It may be that you gait on that side lends itself to your left heel striking way too early.
      "Human beings are made up of flesh and blood, and a miracle fiber called courage" -George Patton"\