Poor Satellite Views (creating routes too leafy) (Read 77 times)

The maps keep changing!!!  Last I created a route, satellite tree coverage blocks trails.

Discovered Bing Aerial's map view taken in fall/winter (no leaves was perfect).

But now both are useless!! Bing more so than sat. Blurry n out of focus.

What's up with that?

Someone trying to make all us manual route creators have to buy GARMINS!?

Seriously, I haven't a clue how to make a route thru trees now.

OSM shows the greenway path I am trying to map but that's useless without visible landmarks?

Eric, can you not maintain at least one aerial view with leafless trees?, please help.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

an amazing likeness

Google update satellite images in periods of about 1 to 3 years. They have a policy to update an image every 5 years, but this varies from area to area and image service they purchase from. Bing is probably the same.

RA does not control the imagery, what's in the map window comes from the mapping service.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Kalsarikännit

pRED, have you considered Agent Orange?

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

wrigs, considering GARMIN as mentioned.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

kilkee

runktrun

estimate your route based on topography and any distinct features in the landscape.

Not running for my health, but in spite of it.

Feeling the growl again

I'd just go run and be thankful you have a nice tree-lined trail to run on....take total time and divide by your estimated pace, close enough.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills