Running/Racewalking Coach Here for You! (Read 224 times)

Julia1971

Eric, if you wanted to branch out, you could probably get WalkingAhead.com pretty cheap.

Big whoop, so is ping pong, curling and snowboard super pipe. And wrestling is not, anymore.

I suspect this betrays a somewhat US centric view of the world. Ping pong is a very big sport in China and Asia more generally. I would not be surprised if it's one of the largest participation sports in the world.

Curling is somewhat niche, but quite popular in cold countries where winter sports are popular, and that's kind of the point of the Winter Olympics. Snowboarding is quite a big thing recreationally where there's snow and is IMO a good spectator sport.

Wrestling... hmm, I guess it's done a bit in US colleges? I dunno - never met anyone who wrestles, or seen it on telly outside of the Olympics, although I wasn't aware that they'd dropped it from the Olympics.

xhristopher

Wrestling... hmm, I guess it's done a bit in US colleges? I dunno - never met anyone who wrestles, or seen it on telly outside of the Olympics, although I wasn't aware that they'd dropped it from the Olympics.

Hi, how you doing? I'm X and I wrestled in high school. I was decent and would have been happy to wrestle in college if I was a little better. It was a great sport for a kid for so many reasons but, to be honest, I have no interest wrestling other dudes as an adult. Not one bit. Wrestling introduced me to running which, for the most part, is easier. I'm not happy the olympics are dropping it  (as has happened in many athletic programs) but I can sorta understand why. Plus, in many ways, the Olympics has already jumped the shark.

mikeymike

I suspect this betrays a somewhat US centric view of the world.

Very perceptive. Point was that being worthy (or not) of Olympus does not a sport make (or not make.)

Runners run

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Racewalking is big at the high school level in Maine.  As a result, lots of kids progress to nationals, since most other states don't have as many programs.

At track meets, the runners on the high school teams love to shout, "Walk it in!  Walk it in!" as the racewalkers near the finish line.

Well, I'm the coach for you!

can you coach my couch to do refrigerator-repeats whilst important sporting events are on the TV?

My leg won't stop mooing.

i think i've got a calf injury.