Stomach issues after Marathon (Read 637 times)

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

I always have stomach issues after running the marathon. Does anyone else have these issues? I wonder if it is the GU or just normal wear and tear on the body.
      2011 Goals:
      Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
      Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)

The Greatest of All Time

How long does this last? My stomach is usually very unsettled for at least an hour or so, but takes another 3-4 hours to feel normal.
      all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
      C-R

If you ate the brats or pizza after the Indy Marathon, probably too much fat too soon. I really can't eat for a couple of hours after but things are usually back to narmal after that.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

My stomach feels better today but it usually takes me a day to get back to normal. I ate a banana right after the race and then they had a hamburger so I ate that.
            2011 Goals:
            Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
            Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)

A Saucy Wench

After any hard race I tend to have some GI issues for awhile.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Bugs

Post marathons have been bad. I've found that a heating pad on the back helps a ton.

Bugs

Marathons haven't bothered me, but my 5k yesterday messed with me. I've also had GI problems on some long runs depending on how hard I run.
                  Yes. If I run at your marathon PR pace, I get sick to my stomach over much shorter distances. Big grin

Vim