Harry's Spring Run-Off 8K - Mini-Report (Read 529 times)

So nice to run a race in some decent weather.... and shorts too... OMG! First time running an 8k so I set a PR. I started out way too fast because of all the excitement and the downhill. I paid for this in the end, last mile was my slowest I'd like to blame the hill but I just went out too fast. Overall I am very happy with my race, hoped to be under 44 or 42 if I was feeling good. Finished in 41:47 Mile Splits: 1 - 7:49 2 - 8:04 3 - 8:34 4 - 8:21 5 - 9:00 At the end of the race I met a fellow RA-er, Rob, who has joined us from CoolRunning. Great to chat with Rob, he is a Marathon Maniac. He suggested a run....the only run in Toronto that has beer at the end.... what a guy, a runner and the scoop on beer. Jason
      Nice race, Jason. You could have paced a little better, but still a much improved race over last couple. Steady training I see in that log over last few months is paying off. Keep up the good work.
      Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33
        Good job Jason, yeah the hills are the whole thing about the Spring Runoff. You ran a great time for a very tough 8k

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

Go Pre!

Nice run Jason...and Rurunner too, It's a shame Harry's and the Spring Sprint fell on the same day this year. I wanted to do Harry's but I cn't pass up a local event Smile See you guys at Sporting Life 10k! MTA: yes, the weather was nice today! Iusually I am the only one on shorts Smile
            Way to go Jason! Thanks for the congrats Dave. We should all meet up at Sporting Life. Wait for me! Smile

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Lots of options for a Pint near the finish.
                Good run, on a tough, hilly course. Your improvement of late has been impressive. Way to work.
                  Nice run on what looks like a tough course.