First 100 Mile Week (Read 1197 times)

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Congrats gorilla man! That's some awesome running and drinking.

You'll ruin your knees!

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Nice work, ya boob.

Amy

JakeKnight

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
          -----------------------------

Congratulations, Asstard. You wouldn't have had to post that title below your avatar if you had been only half as stupid last week. I know it. You know it. It pains me.

Think Whirled Peas

So...the guest bedroom is working out well then, I presume?

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Good job although I'd be more impressed with 100.3 beers and 34 miles

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

Incredible....I cant even imagine doing that much.....I'd be pretty happy with 100 miles in a month.... Good Job.......

Champions are made when no one is watching

JakeKnight

Good job although I'd be more impressed with 100.3 beers and 34 miles
                    Me, too. Go check Schneidr - he hit 100/100. And Casa combined his own first 100 mile week (on two legs with recent stress fractures) with something like 87 beers.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                    -----------------------------

Lane

And Casa combined his own first 100 mile week (on two legs with recent stress fractures) with something like 87 beers.
                      Was this in spite of the beers, or because of them?

Another Passion

Congratulations, JK! Great job and accomplishment! Man! How does one run over 500 miles in a month and not break?!? The most I ran was like 170 and.... kerplunk. S**t! Shocked

Rick
                        "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                        "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                        runningforcassy.blogspot.com

protoplasm72

What kind of drinking contest involves running a 100 mile week?
                          One of such pure genius that if you could work target shooting into the game it would become the most popular Olympic event ever.

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get. -- Homer Simpson

If you hold that mileage, you could even take two weeks off (or take a half dozen cutback weeks) and still hit 5000 miles for a year. The Swamp is taken so what are you going to call your 5000 mile group Jake?

E.J.
                            Greater Lowell Road Runners
                            Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

100.3 miles. When you get done tossing well deserved accolades and various undergarments at me for my monumental achievement, go check out JScovill's mileage for the month of July. Don't faint when you see it. Yes, that's miles, not kilometers: http://runningahead.com/logs/b07a9e4c9ed9462e9e6e98c19e249705
                              Scovill is the prime age (30s), just started running in 2007 so he has fresh unbroken joints, tendons, etc. He hasn't had any major injuries YET. Let's see what he looks like in his 40s-50s. He gets points from me for consistency (JK's consistency is a little suspect). JK are you a Hasher?

Prince of Fatness

JK are you a Hasher?
                                Where's that stupid popcorn smiley when I need it? MTA: Nice job on the 100 mile week by the way.

Not at it at all.