Garmin Stopped Syncing (Read 288 times)

shu_runner

I just noticed this today, too.

eric :)

All the storage issues are resolved. I was able to expand the drives on the web servers. Garmin Connect should retry the uploads eventually, although I'm not aware of when and for how long they would retry.

The problem was caused by the way Windows updates work, that they will always consume more disk space. If the system drive is not sufficiently large, then it will run out of disk space. It seems like a bad design since I imagine most web servers have limited local storage. If I have time, I might look into containerize everything so things can be more configurable.

JML

Looks good Eric. My run just now appeared in RA about a minute after it synced to Garmin Connect.  Thanks for all you do!

Rebuilding my aerobic base....racing next year.....nothing to see here....move along now.

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

Thanks Eric!  My run from Thiursday is in.

dsbrunner

Run Army

So my run from last night showed up immediately, however the one from the day before hasn’t appeared yet! But it tried to bring in 2 runs from December that I already had in the log... guess I’ll wait for my Thursday run to show up eventually... thanks.

I Runalot

Reformed Joker

Easy for you to say Ha! You are dealing with a very compulsive crowd. When I find my normal run suddenly is .15 miles off on my Garmin I get squirrelly. We are a very precise lot. I feel for any higher ups that has to deal with us.

Mine generally show up after 24 hours but one did take a full 48 hours.

mikeymike

Easy for you to say Ha! You are dealing with a very compulsive crowd. When I find my normal run suddenly is .15 miles off on my Garmin I get squirrelly. We are a very precise lot. I feel for any higher ups that has to deal with us

You know we are all just a regular users of this site and that the only "higher up" is Eric Smile right?

Runners run

FWIW, I ran this morning, and just checked and the run hasn't loaded from garmin connect. Maybe a backlog is being handled? I guess I'll wait until tomorrow before doing manual load of the file.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Angus AT

I was able to sync this a.m., but my 2 p.m. run hasn’t yet.

agazdziak

Has anyone noticed their splits being off on RA vs Garmin? Due to the syncing delays I manually uploaded a TCX file I downloaded from Garmin Connect. The total time for my run was 1:43:55 today, but when imported into RA it shows 1:46:10. I did stop my watch a few times to cross streets, so I thought maybe RA is somehow using elapsed time to calculate the pace, but even on miles where I know I didn't stop it is off from 2-6 seconds.

NLeeRunner

I'm experiencing same thing as @WillRunForBeer. Ran this morning, but run still not there. Just adding for tracking issue purposes. No complaints and happy to wait.

Thank you, Eric, for this great tool.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

It seems to just be a matter of whether or not Garmin likes you. Are you using the Connect app?  For me, it's been just fine, except for a brief panic caused by me forgetting that I had turned Bluetooth off for the night.

shu_runner

Looks like it came through sometime this afternoon.  All is well.  Thanks, eric!

Seattle prattle

On Thursday, Garmin did not transfer the map of the course and did not transfer any elevation data.I never had that happen before.

Yesterday's run was transfered okay.

an amazing likeness

On Thursday, Garmin did not transfer the map of the course and did not transfer any elevation data.I never had that happen before.

Yesterday's run was transfered okay.

There is a very easy solution...go over to Garmin Connect and download the workout (gear top right, export gpx), the upload the original workout file here. Delete the one here you don't like. Just a few mouse clicks, 30 seconds.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.