Does everybody swell? (Read 443 times)

Can people be "non-swellers" when in comes to injuries. Reflecting back on my life, I had several sprain wrists Torn ACL tendon Shattered knee cap that cut off circulation to the lower part of my leg torn cartlidge (sp?) in knee two pregnancies that I could literally wear my rings and all my shoes until the day I delivered broken finger stress fracture in foot It seems at least one of these things would have made my body swell even a little bit... But nothing. Each time the doctor(s) have been surprised. Is it possible that some people's body's just don't swell at all? It makes it harder when determining if I'm truly injured or not.
    Goals: Maintain 120 beat 5k time: 25:52 beat 10k time: 55:48 Complete one half-marathon-Jan. 10th
      wow... how do you know your hurt if you don't swell? Did you bruise with any of those injuries? Do you recover from injuries in a normal time frame? Sorry for all the questions but you do know you set yourself up as a guinea pig!
        No, bruises either! Pain though...so after it continues to hurt I go get x-rays, MRI's etc. I've had 3 different surgeries following doctor visits. One was an emergency surgery, but never swelling Confused with any. I'm guessing that's not normal.
        Goals: Maintain 120 beat 5k time: 25:52 beat 10k time: 55:48 Complete one half-marathon-Jan. 10th