The wierdest thing that has happened in my bedroom is... (Read 918 times)

about 11:30 lastnight the ceiling fan in our bedroom squeaked, groaned & crashed to the floor in a shower of sparks & broken blades & glass!! Shocked And NOOOOOOOO, this has nothing to do with any, ahem...extracurriculars! Roll eyes! My hubby was getting a glass of water in the kitchen, I was laying there trying to figure out what the noises were, when I saw it start to drop, the sparks flew, it hit the footboard to our bed & the shattering started. It completed the shattering on our laminate floors, leaving several gouges in the floor! I screamed like a little girl as glass flew all over the room & in our bed! This is, by the way, a less than 2yr old house built by a professional builder with professional subcontractors!! Angry So, that is my strange bedroom experience for the month...what is yours?!?! (No need for TMI here, we have minors on these boards...) Wink Eryn
    So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yikes, that could have been deadly! I'm glad you guys were OK! Hmmm...well, nothing too strange has ever happened in our bedroom. I've about had heart attacks in the middle of the night when great sheets of snow slide off the the 2nd story roof onto the roof over our bedroom at 3AM--makes noise like a boulder falling on the roof! k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Is there anything worse than being jolted from sleep by a truly scary noise?? Nothing like adrenaline, heart pounding to keep you awake for an extra hour or two!!
        Wingz

Professional Noob

(No need for TMI here, we have minors on these boards...) Wink
          Spoilsport. Tongue JK. I once had a cat who was quite the under-the-blankets-snuggler. She started doing this when she was pretty young, and she had trouble getting under the blankets when I was in bed, so sometimes I'd hold them up for her so she could crawl inside and curl up, purring. Sometimes she'd be a little late getting to bed, but usually she was right on time. Once when she was late, she took some of my hair in her mouth and pulled on it a little. Groggily, I figured out that she probably wanted to get under the covers, and I let her in. The next night, she repeated the hair-pulling and again I let her in. The third night, I was more awake, and I realized that she was training me to let her under the covers whenever she pulled my hair. I decided that that was a really bad idea, and when she pulled my hair again that night, I really yelled at her (she was sensitive to noise). She never pulled my hair again. She did, however, start tickling my face with her wiskers when she wanted to be let in under the covers. It would wake me up, but it was better than getting my hair pulled in the middle of the night! I decided I could live with that, and we got along fine thereafter.

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That reminds me, our female cat used to eat my hair while I slept. For a while I had this stubby little tuft. Weird cat. k

~ Sarah Kay

AKKKKKKKKK!!! VERY SCARY!! Glad to hear there were no injuries! As far as strange bedroom activities. Well our bed frame is broke ( of course we have no idea how that happened Wink )
              about 11:30 lastnight the ceiling fan in our bedroom squeaked, groaned & crashed to the floor in a shower of sparks & broken blades & glass!! Shocked And NOOOOOOOO, this has nothing to do with any, ahem...extracurriculars! Roll eyes! My hubby was getting a glass of water in the kitchen, I was laying there trying to figure out what the noises were, when I saw it start to drop, the sparks flew, it hit the footboard to our bed & the shattering started. It completed the shattering on our laminate floors, leaving several gouges in the floor! I screamed like a little girl as glass flew all over the room & in our bed! This is, by the way, a less than 2yr old house built by a professional builder with professional subcontractors!! Angry So, that is my strange bedroom experience for the month...what is yours?!?! (No need for TMI here, we have minors on these boards...) Wink Eryn

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Eryn, I'm glad to hear that no one got hurt! That must be scaring seeing the ceiling fan fall down. Stuff like that only happens in movies. I have no bedroom stories. Nothing ever happens in there.
                  Well, there was this time when the Twins came over and we....... oops, sorry wrong chat room! Embarrassed
                  What we do in life, echo's in eternity. Maximus.
                    LOL!!! So, no one else is willing to admit to collapsing ceiling fans?? Wink The electricians came today, less than an hour after I called. I think the "sparks shooting out, fan crashing/smashing" thing got their attention!! Anyways, they were both shocked & amazed, said they had never seen or heard of such a thing happening. They examined the fan closely & are fairly certain that it is a problem with the fan, not the installation. Of course, they installed it, so who would want to say, "yes, Eryn, we screwed up & you & your husband could have been seriously injured." But honestly, they showed me where the thing that makes it stay there had stripped its threads & therefore dropped. The weight of the whole thing, combined with the continuous motion, caused the other thing that holds it up there to bend & eventually the whole thing just started to rotate, thus twisting the wires as tight around eachother as they could go until - POW!!! the whole thing crashed! They are contacting the maker of the fan on Monday & between the fan company & the electrician, he has assured me that a new fan will be installed asap & my damaged laminate flooring will also be replaced. So, everyone will be happy, healthy & hopefully never decapitated by another attacking fan!!
                    Scout7

When I was a kid, we had squirrels in our attic. My parents did not believe me for a while, so I had to suffer at night while the squirrels played soccer over my head. Bang! Skittter skitter skitter.....CRASH!!! BANG!!! Eventually, they believed me, and we started getting rid of them. The other one we had was that a whole section of the ceiling in my parents' bedroom collapsed onto their bed. Fortunately, no one was in it.

Prophet!

waking up cause my shoulder got dislocated by sleeping funny ...i dislocated it in college playing rugby and since then is prone to popping it out occasionally....nothing like waking up to intense pain with your shoulder out of its joint...if you've ever seen the lethal weapon movie where mel gibson dislocated his shoulder to get out of his jacket and to pop it back in he bangs it against the wall...that does not work...i found that if i just relax its easier to ease it it back in... another time is waking up during an earthquake..i remembered dreaming that the house was shaken up by a giant monster and i woke up and the whole room was shaking...
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

When I was a kid, we had squirrels in our attic. My parents did not believe me for a while, so I had to suffer at night while the squirrels played soccer over my head. Bang! Skittter skitter skitter.....CRASH!!! BANG!!!
                          We had a nest of squirrels right above where my computer is a couple of Springs ago. We could hear the babies wrassling up there and then we'd see them outside in the yard--there is NOTHING cuter than baby squirrels, I am convinced (though I have yet to see a baby chipmunk). We've had 2 bats in our house (not at the same time, fortunately). Bad thing is that we have low ceilings (house is ~80+ years old) and one of our cats actually knocked one out of the air. Luckily we were able to get both outdoors and we haven't had any little winged rodents in here yet this year (knock on wood). Phat, a friend of mine lives in LA and during one earthquake she called her hubby at work because she was convinced a mountain lion had jumped on the roof! Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Oh! I got one. I was house sitting for my friend. In the middle of the night, I woke up by a sharp sting to my elbow. In my half awake state, I turned on the light and examined it as best I can, but can't bend it enough to see the exact spot of the pain. I had no idea what stung me and I was too sleepy to care so I went back to sleep. The next morning, the alarm clock woke me up. As I laid there trying to get myself out of bed for work, I felt a sharp sting on my ankle, then another. I threw open my comforter, and there was a yellow jacket crawling near my foot! That would explain my elbow.
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, man, bees would freak me the heck out! That reminds me...a friend of mine's hubby was stung by a brown recluse spider (Eryn, this would be Laura's DH). I could swear it happened when he crawled into bed. That's some nasty, truly horrifying thing. I'm very thankful that we don't really have those spiders in MI. I HATE spiders, but I have a special place of horror reserved for ones with venom that is flesh-eating. k

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

That reminds me...a friend of mine's hubby was stung by a brown recluse spider (Eryn, this would be Laura's DH). I could swear it happened when he crawled into bed. That's some nasty, truly horrifying thing. I'm very thankful that we don't really have those spiders in MI. I HATE spiders, but I have a special place of horror reserved for ones with venom that is flesh-eating. k
                                Thank you for that. I may now never sleep again.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                                -----------------------------