Workouts not uploading from Garmin (Read 341 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

I'm still waiting for a workout to show up from yesterday...

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

I had the same problem last few days but this morning the workout uploaded predictably from garmin.

also, I was able to export the missing workouts from garmin connect as tcx, and imported here today without issue.

Curious why do you export the tcx versus just downloading the original .fit file?

That's what I do anytime the auto uplaod to RA breaks: export the .fit file and then do an "Upload from file" to RA. I usually export it from Strava just because that UI is easier to navigate that Garmin Connect but it works the same either way.

That has never not worked for me.

Runners run

Altair5

Runs in the rain

The connection to Garmin seems to be down. When I reset the connection it seems to revert to unconnected status. I was able to figure out how to put the tcx files on my desktop and even how to zip compress them, and then was able to import them to RA. Previously I just typed in the data, but this brings in the data for graphs and maps.

So the Garmin uses .fit files and I could just upload those? If I can just export from Strava like mickeymike says that would be preferable since Strava will calculate moving time and not count any rest breaks I take. Too bad there does not seem to be a way to automatically import from Strava.

Long distance runner, what you standin' there for?
        Get up, get out, get out of the door!

lagwagon

Curious why do you export the tcx versus just downloading the original .fit file?

That's what I do anytime the auto uplaod to RA breaks: export the .fit file and then do an "Upload from file" to RA. I usually export it from Strava just because that UI is easier to navigate that Garmin Connect but it works the same either way.

That has never not worked for me.

well, back in the day before yall had your fancy FIT files, we had to trace the maps and hand calculate the coordinates.  mind you this was before we had punch cards so we had to hand compile the file before we dropped it off at the zippery.

nah i'm just lazy and my runningahead import page defaults to "import tcx" so I took it as advice esp since i know how to do it on garminconnect.  (entirely possible i set this default last time my i manually imported a file many many years ago.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

This is what I do from Garmin web UI. In general, it seems that when the auto xfer isn't working, the uploader isn't either, and sometimes when Eric fixes the former, the latter is still down.

kevinmacsr

2/10 of my workouts made it today.

kcam

I had to manually upload my workouts this morning (auto didn't work).  I just upload the .fit files directly from my FR230 (opened in a file explorer window).  Tastes great.

All About that Pace 2024

Hilarious!

well, back in the day before yall had your fancy FIT files, we had to trace the maps and hand calculate the coordinates.  mind you this was before we had punch cards so we had to hand compile the file before we dropped it off at the zippery.

nah i'm just lazy and my runningahead import page defaults to "import tcx" so I took it as advice esp since i know how to do it on garminconnect.  (entirely possible i set this default last time my i manually imported a file many many years ago.

Got mine from the 12th but not the 11th.  I’m out of town with just an iPad so can’t do the manual upload right now.  I will when I get home.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

jsfuller

I had my workout on the 9th & 11th show up on the 11th, but not my workout from the 10th. My workout from the 10th showed up today with my workout from the 12th & 13th (today). Go figure. Maybe just wait for them.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Two uploads and one auto-xfer worked fine for me today.

Marky_Mark_17

Mine have been a little intermittent over the last week, but seem to have come right the last 3 days.

3,000m: 9:07.7 (Nov-21) | 5,000m: 15:39 (Dec-19) | 10,000m: 32:34 (Mar-20)  

10km: 33:15 (Sep-19) | HM: 1:09:41 (May-21)* | FM: 2:41:41 (Oct-20)

* Net downhill course

Last race: Maraetai HM, 10 Mar, DNF

Up next: Waterfront HM, 7 Apr

"CONSISTENCY IS KING"

FSBD

Anyone else having issues again?

My workouts from last night and this morning did not upload

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

dfmurphy

baldmanrunning

My last workout from 5/22 has not uploaded yet ...

ctbamafan

Anyone else having issues again?

My workouts from last night and this morning did not upload

Same here.  Last night and this morning have not uploaded. I'll give it some time before I start exporting them.