Favorite RA quotes. (Read 716 times)

Prophet!

While this thread can be filled with everything 2000 Mile Club forum and just about all of JK's posts, share your favorite one... here's mine.. From our resident Kungfu master (mikeymike)..
    I like being able to feel kung fu not to have to think kung fu.
    mileage is like a sponge and speedwork is the water you are trying to soak up. Bigger sponge absorbs more water.

Now that was a bath...

Well in no particular order and taken completely out of context (mostly). My choice would be... Me...being me...
      "Can I be a 'hoe' and have a threesome?" Modified to say that if Trent can't come - I'll take Scout...
      Which I include purely because it may annoy Scout more than a picture he is unable to see to know that he's picked second by a hoe. (Eric)...
      I've been hanging around the 2000 mile group a little too long.
      Lot's of JK ones to pick from but this made me smile...
      A bunch of people who post obsessively on an Internet sight on running, tracking their every mile according to the data from the Garmin GPS units, while listening to their Nanos and checking their HRMs, are claiming with a straight face to be "purists."
    • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
    • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
      Scout7

Eh, at least I got picked. I like this one:
        Run more. Running is like beer. It cures everything, and more is generally better, as long as you're not operating heavy machinery.
          By Jeff:
          By the way, I'm not usually this disagreeable. I'm usually a peace-loving hippie. I swear.
          Gotta love a peace-loving hippie. Big grin

Michelle

va

From the Pace Bunny:
            My, my. I have some strong runners chasing me this year. Don't get too excited though, because I'm just getting warmed up. Consistency is everything, and you're in my house. Burnout is a problem for you, but I never get tired. You'll be crying for your mommy when I'm done with you. There will be times you want to quit. You'll get blisters, black toes, sore muscles, and for the most unfortunate there will be injuries. Can you cut it? Do you have the intestinal fortitude to reach heights never before imagined? Run with me, and I'll show you that the world can be yours if you're willing to work for it. For those of you that are still at zero miles, what's your problem. Are you scared of a little rabbit. The key to getting ahead is getting started.
              Val123 --- Good one!

Michelle

Now that was a bath...

I'm coming back to add this one... From Queen Kirsten. It made me laugh out loud.
                *gives Michelle a much-needed, non-sexual hug* (disclaimer added for the perverts on this site...yes, I'm looking at you, Scout Wink ) k
              • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
              • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
                Scout7

Hey!!!! Where the heck did that one come from?!?!
                    From another one of my sob stories about one of my evil children - under off the beaten path - Post- ANOTHER one of those days.

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

*titters* Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

From the official RA Joke Thread...
                        Instead of trying to build newer and bigger weapons of destruction, we should be thinking about getting more use out of the ones we already have.

Roads were made for journeys...

From mark-i:
                          You are all clearly nuts. I feel like I've come home. Wink
                          va

From Jeff:
                            posted: 5/22/2007 at 10:50 AM So, you want to run a fast marathon? Here's what to do. 1) Start running every day. Or as often as you can. Twice a day if you feel like it. 2) Run hard every third day or so. Do intervals if you like intervals. Run tempos if you like tempos. Keep yourself from overdoing it by making sure that the last part of your hard running is faster than the first part of your hard running. The last interval is always your fastest. The last mile of your tempo should be your fastest. Let this be your mantra: "Live to fight another day." 3) Run for over 2 hours every now and then. 4) Do some form work. Strides at the end of a run. Hill bounds. High knees. Butt kicks. Develop speed and coordination in your legs. 5) Get off the treadmill (if you can). It's causing you to obsess about numbers. Learn to listen to your body. Let your body tell you what pace to run, not your fantasies. 6) Don't try to run faster every day (twice a week is enough). Start trying to beat your mileage numbers every week. Or every month. Take a long-term view. You don't need to be comfortable at 7:30 pace tomorrow. Or next month. Work on running strong at your own level of fitness. 7) Running is simple. Keep it simple. Figure out how to enjoy it so you'll stay at it.