It figures... (Read 1066 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Last week was my highest mileage week ever. I finished feeling really strong and pain-free. Yesterday was a rest day. By last evening I was starting to feel like ass...achey, lethargic, sore throat. Slept like crap. I has a cold. I also has a race this Sat. Blah. I'm sure I will feel better by then, but I just wanna go nap--not run 7 miles. Thankfully this week is a scale-back week for me in mileage. /rant

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

The Greatest of All Time

That sucks Zoomy. I am big on supplementation to keep that stuff at bay. Take it easy to make sure you feel better by Saturday.
      all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
        Zoom Zoom Congrats on your last week, hope your better soon. Good luck on your race Sat., I'll send fast thoughts your way.
        jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

HTFU Tongue Sorry to hear it. I prescribe the following (which was the tagline of a late 80's Nike ad campaign) EAT RIGHT GET LOTS OF SLEEP DRINK PLENTY OF FLUIDS GO LIKE HELL

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks, peeps! I got my 7 miler in and it felt pretty good (LOVIN' my new NB 903s...I think that was my happiest first run in any shoe). I'm planning to hit the hay pretty early tonite.
            HTFU Tongue Sorry to hear it. I prescribe the following (which was the tagline of a late 80's Nike ad campaign) EAT RIGHT GET LOTS OF SLEEP DRINK PLENTY OF FLUIDS GO LIKE HELL
            Yeah, that sleep thing is probably what killed me. We always stay up WAY too late on the weekends, but we don't sleep in enough to make up for it. Gotta get out of that stupid habit. I often get sick when I'm short on sleep.

~ Sarah Kay

Lazy idiot

Yeah, that sleep thing is probably what killed me. We always stay up WAY too late on the weekends, but we don't sleep in enough to make up for it. Gotta get out of that stupid habit. I often get sick when I'm short on sleep.
              You call me a whippersnapper, yet you're the one livin' weekends on both ends. I HTFU'd and slept in until 11 AM on Saturday. No sickness for me. Evil grin Wink

Tick tock

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You call me a whippersnapper, yet you're the one livin' weekends on both ends. I HTFU'd and slept in until 11 AM on Saturday. No sickness for me. Evil grin Wink
                A certain pre-pubescent male always messes up that whole sleeping-in thing. Black eye

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Dude, do you not have kids? I haven't slept in in years. And the only time I can do anything around the house kid-free is when they're sleeping. Which is at night, which means I'm not sleeping. Vicious cycle.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Lazy idiot

Dude, do you not have kids? I haven't slept in in years. And the only time I can do anything around the house kid-free is when they're sleeping. Which is at night, which means I'm not sleeping. Vicious cycle.
                    I keep telling my wife I'm too young to have kids. She's bought it so far. Usually I'm up by 8 or so on the weekends, but I'd had a particularly difficult work week followed by an extremely draining PT/workout session on Friday afternoon. I was beat. My wife had left the house by 8, so it was nice and quiet. I only meant to sleep until 9, but my body had other ideas.

Tick tock

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yep...I love weekend nights when we can veg on the sofa with beers or wine and a good movie. But that often has the movie finishing at 11. Then we'll channel surf for a while. Most weekends don't find us asleep until after 1. Dumb. I always plan to catch up on sleep during the weekends, but usually weekends = a bigger sleep deficit. Black eye

~ Sarah Kay

Marathonmanleto

Zoomski--what race this weekend?

Lazy idiot

I guess I'm lucky in that I don't usually need much sleep. I'm often to sleep around 1 AM and up at 7:15 AM. Works for me. Hope you get to feelin' better Zoomy. Nice run today!

Tick tock

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Zoomski--what race this weekend?
                            Strider's Classic in Grandville. Nice, but small race. Some good hills. I have a PR to bust. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I guess I'm lucky in that I don't usually need much sleep. I'm often to sleep around 1 AM and up at 7:15 AM. Works for me. Hope you get to feelin' better Zoomy. Nice run today!
                              Thanks...but you can only do well on so little sleep 'cause you're a whipper snapper! *hollers* Hey, who took my Geritol...damned kids. Get off my lawn! *grumbles*

~ Sarah Kay

I has a cold. I also has a race this Sat. Blah. I'm sure I will feel better by then, but I just wanna go nap--not run 7 miles. Thankfully this week is a scale-back week for me in mileage. /rant
                                Ooh, Kenny is a sneaky little bastard! I'll get you, Kennyd...and your little orange hoody sweatshirt, too! Evil grin
                                I'm freakin' sick too! (cold, lungs, snot, coughing) Half Marathon Sat, this is no time for gettin' sick!!! W T F