Does this mean I've reached a different level?? (Read 573 times)

chriskohlenberg

Hi all, Ive been developing my base of 25 - 30 mpw for about 3 months now. This morning i ran my "normal" five miles at a 9:30 pace. On the way to work later, i had to convince myself that i had actually run earlier that morning. To me this would indicate that at least on runs of five miles or less, they are becoming "routine"?? It could be thati was just asleep while running, but to me, its kinda cool.
    Mr R

That's exactly what it means. Stay at that level for a while so you can really consolidate your gains and prepare for your next improvement. It's good to spend part of the year doing the kind of running from which you can easily recover, and part of the year doing the kind of running that drains you a little more.

What was the secret, they wanted to know; in a thousand different ways they wanted to know The Secret. And not one of them was prepared, truly prepared to believe that it had not so much to do with chemicals and zippy mental tricks as with that most unprofound and sometimes heart-rending process of removing, molecule by molecule, the very tough rubber that comprised the bottoms of his training shoes. The Trial of Miles, Miles of Trials. How could they be expected to understand that? -John Parker

It's a nice feeling isn't it? Tom