Dangerous pop-up ads (Read 256 times)

paulski66

miscreant

I've noticed a number of dangerous pop-up ads when viewing this site. Usually, the add will open in a new tab, or in a window behind the current window. Often they are very suspicious and probably malicious: For example, one that I keep seeing is a page with a large Chrome logo, and instructions to click a link to begin download of a critical security patch.
    paulski66

miscreant

P.S.: This has been going on for some time. I only recently confirmed it was coming from your site.

I'm happy, hope you're happy too...

mdolley

Funky kicks 2019

It's happening to me too

eric :)

Hi paulski66,

Thank you for the report.  RA uses two ads providers.  One of them is Google AdSense.  The other serves as a "backup" for when AdSense does not pay out as much.  I suspect the problem is with this ad provider.  I have temporarily disabled it.  For now, all ads are coming from Google.

I have also censored part of your post because the ad you cited contains your IP address.

eric Smile

kcam

Never seen any of those ads but I run an ad-blocker.  By the way a really good way to resolve this 'problem' is to run the ultimate ad-blocker for this site - donate to RA!  It's the New Year, check to make sure your subscription is still in force.

paulski66

miscreant

Hi paulski66,

Thank you for the report.  RA uses two ads providers.  One of them is Google AdSense.  The other serves as a "backup" for when AdSense does not pay out as much.  I suspect the problem is with this ad provider.  I have temporarily disabled it.  For now, all ads are coming from Google.

I have also censored part of your post because the ad you cited contains your IP address.

eric Smile

Thank you. I noticed it had my city in there, but did not see the IP address. Yikes!

I'm happy, hope you're happy too...

"run" "2" "eat"

By the way a really good way to resolve this 'problem' is to run the ultimate ad-blocker for this site - donate to RA!  It's the New Year, check to make sure your subscription is still in force.

HUZZAH!!

that is to say -- i concur with the encouragement to donate to RA.

also, at first glance, i read the thread subject line as "dangerous pop-tarts".

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Now I want Pop Tarts. Brown sugar cinnamon. Do they still make those? I haven't had a Pop Tart in years.

Donate to RA.

HermosaBoy

Now I want Pop Tarts. Brown sugar cinnamon. Do they still make those? I haven't had a Pop Tart in years.

Yes, I eat them before long runs...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Yes, I eat them before long runs...

I might be making a trip to the store tomorrow.

HermosaBoy

I might be making a trip to the store tomorrow.

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Joann Y

Do they still make those? 

Do they ever!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

"run" "2" "eat"

1. brown sugar cinnamon = omg the best!! especially before long runs.

2. are the coffee flavour pop-Ts any good?

3. donate to RA

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

"run" "2" "eat"

4. those toaster fires are CRAZY