New Garmins: 310XT and 405CX (Read 1577 times)

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

There's been some web buzz about this, but here's the official announcements from Garmin. Waterproof Forerunner 310XT goes the extra mile for multi-sport athletes Make every mile count with Forerunner 405CX

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

There's been some web buzz about this, but here's the official announcements from Garmin. Waterproof Forerunner 310XT goes the extra mile for multi-sport athletes
      I first saw that maybe a week ago...someone here had posted a link to a site discussing its availability in Sweden. I have a new "Precious". I showed it to the hubby and his response was "hell, no, yours is fine." Um...what if mine met an untimely death or something? I'm sure it could be arranged. Evil grin Seriously, though, I am SO happy that Garmin has returned to the 305/205 styling for this model. I like that big honkin' screen and the buttons, rather than the bezel. And the color is awesome, too. If I didn't want to look like a geek I wouldn't have married the guy I did. The 405 models are too "cool" looking. I like the nerd-factor of the square Forerunners. Wink Maybe I need to better impress to him how nice my current Forerunner would be on his mountain bike. He could even get that cadence sensor thing for his back tire, completely eliminating the need for his current bike computer. Hmmm....

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Um...what if mine met an untimely death or something? I'm sure it could be arranged. Evil grin
        My dog chewed and destroyed my first 305. Mail it here, and I'm sure he'd be delighted with another chew-toy.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Dave

My buttons are wearing out on my 305 (the rubber ones on the sides). Time to start using those buttons more ...

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My dog chewed and destroyed my first 305. Mail it here, and I'm sure he'd be delighted with another chew-toy.
            did: What happened to your Garmin?! me: I'm not sure...strangest thing. It disappeared for about a week, then showed up in the mail with an Alabama post-mark and it looks like a dog mauled it. It's really a mystery.... Confused Oh, well, guess I need to buy the 310XT....

~ Sarah Kay

ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

Man I hope Garmin institutes some type of trade in program, my 405 isn't even a year old Roll eyes

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
              My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
              Ride 112 miles.
              Run 26.2 miles.
              Then brag for the rest of your life.
              -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

Ringmaster

My buttons are wearing out on my 305 (the rubber ones on the sides). Time to start using those buttons more ...
                Hey, yeah, my Garmie (a 205) just had its first birthday and the buttons are starting to wear out too. 'ts not like I'm checking out my speedwork paces THAT viciously.

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                Mile by Mile

kcam

I'm not sure what the big deal on the new XT is?Confused Battery life is 20 hours - I like but I don't have any problem with the current 12 or so hours. Waterproof, Wireless Connectivity? Don't care. I think I'll just wait for my 205 and 305 to wear out before maybe buying one of these.

Just Happy to Run

http://www.engadget.com/2009/04/02/garmin-intros-forerunner-405cx-and-310xt-with-gps-a-face-only-a/ It says there: $369 for the 405XT, $349 for the 310XT.
                    Jason

2010 Goals
                    • M PR (Current: 6:27:00) • HM PR (Current: 2:13:14) • 5k under 25:00 • 10k under 59:00 • Weekly Milage of ~25 miles
                    jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Looking forward to some intelligent, fruitful "discussions" about the importance of "heart rate-based calorie computation" once enough of these are out in the wild. Though I will say as much as I love the new look, if you don't care about swimming (hate it) or getting more than 12hr battery life (what's the point -- you're either going too slow or too far), I imagine this will be a good time to get deals on 205/305. I am very glad to see the 310, though. I was worried I would be stuck with a 405 when my current 305 bites the dust (or gets bitten).

Though I will say as much as I love the new look, if you don't care about swimming (hate it) or getting more than 12hr battery life (what's the point -- you're either going too slow or too far), I imagine this will be a good time to get deals on 205/305.
                        I have friends that do 50 and 100 mile (or longer) races on a regular basis and they're looking forward to the extra battery life, especially the guy that upgraded to a 405 when his 305 broke. He hates it; he can't even get through a 30 mile run w/o the battery dying on him.

Run to Win
                        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

I'm not sure what the big deal on the new XT is?Confused Battery life is 20 hours - I like but I don't have any problem with the current 12 or so hours. Waterproof, Wireless Connectivity? Don't care. I think I'll just wait for my 205 and 305 to wear out before maybe buying one of these.
                          12 hours doesn't cut it for IMs unless you're a superstar and I'm assuming that their target audience here is triathletes with the waterproof functionality.
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Though I will say as much as I love the new look, if you don't care about swimming (hate it) or getting more than 12hr battery life (what's the point -- you're either going too slow or too far), I imagine this will be a good time to get deals on 205/305. I am very glad to see the 310, though. I was worried I would be stuck with a 405 when my current 305 bites the dust (or gets bitten).
                            Yeah, that was really my feeling when I saw it, too. Phew...if my 305 dies I don't have to scrounge around to find a replacement 205/305...I don't care for the looks/function of the 405 at all. I like being able to clearly see 4 fields at once. I think the waterproof aspect is nice for us heavy sweaters and/or those of us who frequently get caught in downpours. I have had some minor issues with condensation under the face of my 305 after some particularly rainy runs. The wireless thing and battery life aren't really sellers for me. And I still have yet to use the HRM on my 305--I only bought the 305 when they had a rebate that made it only $7 more than the 205. One of these days I really do need to play with that feature.

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

And I still have yet to use the HRM on my 305--I only bought the 305 when they had a rebate that made it only $7 more than the 205. One of these days I really do need to play with that feature.
                              Once you go down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destinty. Consume you it will...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Once you go down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destinty. Consume you it will...
                                I'm more worried about the chafing potential when combined with underwired sports bra.

~ Sarah Kay