Richmond Marathon Racers (Read 815 times)

Hey Trishie, Stephen, Norm- Do yo0u guys have hotel reservations yet? Where are you staying? I tried the host hotel and it is full. Tried teh Marriot and they didn't recognize the marathon nor the rate in their system. I ahve a friend staying at the Marriot but wanted to see where you guys are staying also.
    http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
    va

Hi Alan, I decided to not stay overnight, since I am only an hours drive away. I don't have any personal experience with the hotels in Richmond, but I did hear someone who ran the marathon before recommend the Marriott. You might have to call the hotel to see if they have a special marathon rate. P.S., Something came up with Norm, and he is no longer planning on running it.
        Richmond was my first marathon in 2005. We stayed at the Quality Inn at 201 East Cary St, about 1/2 mile from the finish (on the course) and 1 mile easy walk/jog to the start. I'm sure it's not as nice as the Marriott, but it was comfortable and convienient, and probably a lot cheaper.
          Ohhh good call --- I've been so busy w the Bar, I totally forgot to think about hotel reservations! I'll make some calls today --- thanks for the reminder Blush
          2009: BQ?
            Richmond was my first marathon in 2005. We stayed at the Quality Inn at 201 East Cary St, about 1/2 mile from the finish (on the course) and 1 mile easy walk/jog to the start. I'm sure it's not as nice as the Marriott, but it was comfortable and convienient, and probably a lot cheaper.
            Ah, thank you for this! It's only $95/ night, and no minimum night requirement!! Wahooo!! And thanks again, Alan, for the reminder Smile
              Ah, thank you for this! It's only $95/ night, and no minimum night requirement!! Wahooo!! And thanks again, Alan, for the reminder Smile
              I just made my reservations at the Quality Inn also. Looks like a very convenient location.
                I just made my reservations at the Quality Inn also. Looks like a very convenient location.
                Very cool! Maybe we can all meet up for a pre race dinner??
                  Trishie- When do you guys get in? I am flying in Friday morning. Did you guys buy pasta dinner tickets or are you just going to do a restaurant in the area? I didn't buy a pasta dinner ticket as I just planned on finding somewhere around the city to eat. Stephen- what are your plans? I know you said you were in Richmond for the day but what time are you heading out Friday?
                  va

Hi alan, I am taking the 11:30 course tour, will pick up my race packet, stop in at the expo, and then head home, I suppose around 1:30...
                      James and I are driving down from Balwmor Friday early afternoon. We should arrive in Richmond around 5:00-6:00ish. We're staying at the Quality Inn all weekend (Friday night and Saturday night, leaving Sunday late morning). Looking for a place to eat dinner on Friday night -- suggestions? Do we all want to eat at the same place? Maybe we should exchange cell phone numbers via email --- do you guys want to post your email addys and I'll start an email with all Richmond runners and their phone numbers?
                        Maybe we should exchange cell phone numbers via email --- do you guys want to post your email addys and I'll start an email with all Richmond runners and their phone numbers?
                        Do you still have your g-mail account that I mailed to the time before? I mailed you on that address on Monday.
                          Do you still have your g-mail account that I mailed to the time before? I mailed you on that address on Monday.
                          I do! Anyone else??
                          va

trish, I just sent you an email...