treadmill upstairs (Read 107 times)

kickflip

does anyone have their treadmill upstairs? apart from the pounding noise, do u notice any other problems? my treadmill is a manual one, less weight there and it folds up to create space when not in use. some people say it will be ok positioned across the joists. I would like to use it while watching tv u see. ill probably just use it downstairs to be safe though.

Feeling the growl again

Yes.  No problems.  Been there for years.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

The only problem was getting it upstairs. Man, those stairs!

npaden

Our 300lb treadmill sits right next to our 250lb elliptical.  They are both long enough they are going to have their weight spread over several joists.  If your 2nd floor can't support the weight of a treadmill I doubt it would meet about any building codes.  We used to have a king size water bed upstairs, that's a lot of weight.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

Mine's on the first floor, but we have a full basement, so on a joist supported floor.  It's fine.