Which Garmin Should I Get? (Read 1158 times)

Hello everyone!

I would love to hear your opinions on some of the Garmin watches. I have been looking at Garmin Forerunner 305, 405, and 405 CX. What do you like/dislike about these watches?

The most important factor that the watch needs to have for me is good GPS accuracy. I often run in highly forrested areas and want a watch that can accurately give me my mileage.

Thanks!

Get Lost :)

There's a 310cx coming out soon (next month?). I'd wait for that one. Reviews are good. I've heard mixed reviews about 405s, though everyone I know with one loves it.

(edited: I apparently added 5 to the model number)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I believe that all these models have the same GPS accuracy.  The differences have mostly to do with form and functions.
          I have the 305 and use it in the woods all the time and find it to be fairly accurate.  I also like the map view that is on the 305.  At first I thought is was pointless but I find when I am running on new trails It very useful to help you find your way around and back out of the woods.  I don't know if that feature is still on the 405.
          jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Agreed that the GPS reception is probably comparable on all devices.

Get the 305.  Since it's the older device and is being replaced, there are sweet deals to be had.  Costco.com has it for $149.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Runreno

I have been testing the new 310.  If anyone likes the 305 then you will love the 310.  It fits on the wrist like a normal watch, slightly lighter then 305.  100 % water proof can swim with it.  Quicker picking up satellite feed.  Downloading easier with ANT.   Gives more choices in the windows.  What I really like is the vibration at mile marks.

www.running-distance-tips.com

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

I have been testing the new 310.  What I really like is the vibration at mile marks.

Okay, since I hate swimming, I wouldn't pay >2x the price for this device over a 305.  But that vibration thing is fricking cool.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

ReaDaddy

So there is any other info we can get on that new 310 model? Are you talking about the 310XT? Also...how the heck do you become a tester of equipment? I need that gig! LOL
                  Peace Out! Big Sur 1/2, CA - Nov. 15, 2009!!!
                  mikeymike

But that vibration thing is fricking cool.

It only works if it has a clear view of the sky.

Runners run

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Is there some kind of joke here that I'm just too dense to get?

MTA: It's just that there's a high expectation of snark if it's mikey responding to me about a geeky subject/gadget.

mikeymike

Is there some kind of joke here that I'm just too dense to get?

Yes.  Your instincts were correct here.

Runners run

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The 310 I looked at DID NOT look like a normal watch.  It was super tall, like wearing a film canister on your wrist.  I had planned to upgrade until I saw the thing.  Super-goofy.

will run for popsicles

but 20 HOURS of battery life! finally i could record an entire marathon! (but seriously, that's a godsend for ultras.) and i'm loving that buzz feature too. i can no longer hear the beep. being old bites.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Dammit! 

*scratches 310 off of her Christmas list and goes back to perusing adult novelties sites*

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

The Hansel and Gretel  feature on the 305 is my favorite feature. The others probably have it.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/