Atlanta Track Club Resolution Run (Read 440 times)

The Atlanta Track Club sponsors a 5k/10k Resolution Run just after noon each year. Last year and this year it has been held in a local office park in Marietta. There is a firm in the park that helps sponsor the run. And being in an office park it's low key and cost effective for the club. At noon prior to the 5k/10k race there is a 1 mile fun run so it's a pretty good family event. Runners may choose between doing a 5k or 10k. It is free to members, $5.00 to non-members and is officially a no-tee shirt event. About 500 runners chose the 5k, 300 including myself the 10k. The 10k is simply the 5k route repeated. Weather was sunny but very cool (not really cold) with temps in the low 40's and winds gusting 15 to 20 mph. I was comfortable wearing a singlet and a long sleeve shirt on top of it with shorts. The course is in an office park with some inclines but no hills to speak of. I kept a pretty steady pace of just under 9min/mile finishing in 55:05 for an 8:50 pace. Nice course and race. Water was available at the midway point. Nothing unusual to report in this race. What makes this race unique is the first 1000 registrants do receive a free long-sleeve shirt, always nicely designed. This year I think the windy and cool conditions might have kept the fielder a tad smaller than usual. Everyone received a shirt this year.
    USAF Marathon, September 19 Atlanta 1/2 Marathon, Nov 26 Breast Cancer Marathon, Feb 21, 2010
      A buddy of mine from work ran this race and PR'ed in it. Sounds like you guys had a good race out there. I ran in the New Years at Noon 5K in Ahtens and we had just over 200 runners there so that may be why the numbers were down a little this year.
      http://distance-runner.blogspot.com

GreenMan

Nice job GaReb, those wind will add some time unless they're from behind. jjj
        Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.